Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Administration—Human Resources
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Grade Level: N6
Opening Date: July 10, 2018
Closing Date: July 24, 2018
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Administrative Assistant for the Human Resources Department performs confidential administrative and secretarial duties in support of the department. This includes assuming the duties of the mail/travel clerk, i.e. mail metering, sorting, mail pickup and delivery, as well as travel arrangements for Band employees. This position will coordinate with the main desk receptionist for morning/afternoon and lunch breaks.
• High school education or GED is required.
• Three (3) or more years of secretarial experience, including experience in word processing, making travel and meeting arrangements.
• Must be able to type at a rate of 30 wpm or more (typing test will be given).
• Must be familiar with mail metering, sorting, mail pickup and delivery.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Experience with and understanding of Native American culture and is able to demonstrate cultural sensitivity.
• Ability to handle highly confidential personal information appropriately.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the Band’s auto insurance policy.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepare data for filing by compiling and sorting information; determining filing mechanism according to established procedures; establishing work priorities.
• Provide backup receptionist to the Main Desk Receptionist for the Government Center.
• Sorts internal and postal mail.
• Meters mail and completes metered mail reports.
• Pickup and delivers mail from departments and Post Office.
• Make travel arrangements for Band employees, generally through a travel agent.
• Occasionally may need to book hotel accommodations and ground transportation directly with provider.
• Determines most cost effective means of sending special items that require non-standard mail delivery (overnight, two-day, registered mail, certified mail, etc.)
• Coordinate with the Government Center Main Desk Receptionist with morning/afternoon and lunch breaks.
• Perform variety of clerical duties.
• Support the Human Resource staff as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Work is exclusively in doors in a controlled climate area.
• Little threat of personal danger or risk.
• Hours are typically 8-5, but possibly with some extra hours.
• Nature of work is such that incumbent experiences periods of moderate stress levels due to meeting timelines of workload and dealing with other employees and visitors.
• Local travel is required.
Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
43408 Oodena Dr.
Onamia, MN 56359
Fax # (320) 532-7492
e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org