Certified Nursing Assistant PT
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Certified Nursing Assistant is responsible for providing personal care, delegated health related and homemaker services to residents living in the Assisted Living Units.
High school graduate or GED is required.
Current Certified Nursing Assistant certification is required.
Must be on the Minnesota Nursing Assistant Registry.
Minimum of one year of experience in a client advocacy or similar capacity.
Knowledge of and experience with patient care, dressing changes, taking and recording of vital signs, etc.
Current CPR Certification is required.
Ability to communicate using specialized medical terminology.
Good organizational and interpersonal skills are required.
Ability to adapt to change is required.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, write simple correspondence and documentation, and present information to individuals and small groups is required.
Knowledge of the Data Privacy Act and ability to maintain confidentiality of residents, facility, and Band information.
Ability to work and communicate effectively with people of all ages.
Experience in and sensitively to Native American culture.
Knowledge of Native American traditions and customs.
Ability to work intimately and sensitivity with clients, their families and significant others.
Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test and background check.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist residents with apartment clearing and laundry chores.
• Periodically take and record resident vital signs, report changes in vital signs to charge LPN or RN. Report any changes or concerns to the Nursing Manager.
• Assist in the planning and delivery of health education/disease prevention information to clients.
• Assist with resident personal care as assigned.
• Advise and educate clients about services available from the Band and other resources.
• Assists with treatments as delegated by the Registered Nurse per individualized care plan.
• Administer medications previously set up and checked by licensed nursing staff as delegated by the Registered Nurse.
• Report changes in physical and emotional condition, such as change in attitude, loss of appetite, weight, etc. to the Nursing Managers.
• Remind residents who are self-administered to take medications and report any concerns to the Nursing Managers.
• Maintain knowledge of all clients and their needs to assure that appropriate health care and education is provided.
• Arrange transportation, as necessary, to enable client to obtain health services.
• Maintain a complete record of all services provided to clients, prepare and submit reports periodically.
• Assist clients in obtaining services for which they are eligible.
• Accept and act on referrals from health professionals and community agencies.
• Act in the capacity of an advocate for clients in the community.
• Advise others when supplies and equipment need to be re-ordered.
• Maintain professional knowledge base practice standards and protocols for assisted living services.
• Attend meeting and in-service trainings as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Nature of work is such that incumbent experiences infrequent periods of moderate stress while dealing with patients. Workload may also be a source of stress.
• Work is exclusively indoors in a controlled climate area.
• Some minimal exposure risk to blood borne pathogens and infectious disease.
• On call staff must be available to work all shifts and weekends with the expectation of a minimum of one shift per month.
Hours are typically 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., 2:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., or 10:30 p.m. to 7:00 a.m., Monday through Sunday.
Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
43408 Oodena Dr.
Onamia, MN 56359
Fax # (320) 532-7492
e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org