Hotel Room Attendant
Responsible for achieving and maintaining an exceptional standard of cleanliness at Eddy’s facility.
MEETING PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability needed to effectively execute this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
• Vacuums, sweeps, scrubs, mops, and cleans carpet and flooring in guest rooms.
• Dusts, brushes, polishes, cleans and vacuums furniture, glass, mirrors, curtains, framed pictures, appliances and other structural fixtures and furnishings in guest rooms.
• Scrubs, disinfects and deodorizes showers, toilets, washbasins and other basins, and other bathroom and vanity fixtures.
• Removes trash and debris from guestrooms, and disposes of properly.
• Strips beds, collects dirty linens, and makes beds with fresh linens.
• Replenishes linens, amenities and other supplies in guest rooms.
• Reports guest items left in guestrooms to Lead Room Attendant, and/or properly tags lost and found items and deliver them to the Housekeeping Office for storage.
• Routinely inspects guestrooms for maintenance needs, such as burnt-out light bulbs, plumbing or electrical problems, carpentry needs, or other special problems, and reports it to Lead Room Attendant on duty for proper resolution.
• Responsible for a “Pass Key” during assigned shift, turning it in to Lead Room Attendant at end of shift.
• Is knowledgeable (cross-trained) in other positions within the Hotel.
• Any and all other duties as assigned.
The company requires every associate to:
• Maintain a consistent and regular attendance record.
• Encourage mutual respect among associates by setting positive examples consistent with company policies.
• Maintain an attitude and philosophy consistent with the company mission, vision and values.
• Maintain a professional reputation in the company and community.
• If required, must be able to pass company pre-employment Drug and Alcohol test.
• Must be able to pass Corporate Non-Gaming Suitability Standards background check.
• Mille Lacs Band Member and American Indian preference will be exercised in the hiring process.
• Must be able to effectively communicate in one-on-one and small group situations.
• Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, percentages, common fractions, and decimals.
• Must be able to apply common sense understanding to a variety of situations, in order to collect data, analyze facts, and determine appropriate response.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to:
• Talk and hear;
• See and adjust focus to include close, distance, color, depth, and peripheral vision;
• Stand, walk, run, sit, balance, stoop, kneel, climb, crouch, and/or crawl;
• Handle objects, tools, and controls; reach with arms and hands.
• Lift, push, pull and/or move objects weighing up to one hundred (100) pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to:
• A low-to-moderate noise level (offices).
• A moderate-to-loud noise level (operations areas).
• Second-hand cigarette/cigar smoke.
• Bio-hazards found in guestrooms.
• Moving mechanical and/or electrical components.
• Chemical solutions such as cleaning and polishing compounds.
Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
43408 Oodena Dr.
Onamia, MN 56359
Fax: (320) 532-7492