Licensed Practical Nurse (Two Positions)
Position Title: Licensed Practical Nurse (Two Positions)
Location: Public Health
Reports to: Director of Public Health
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Licensed Practical Nurse performs a variety of Home care activities based on the needs of the individual client, and the Public Health Department.
Current unrestricted Practical Nurse License required.
Three (3) years of prior experience in a clinic, hospital, or home care nursing required.
CPR certification is required.
Knowledge of practical application of infection control, exposure control and quality assurance practices.
Experience with and understanding of Native American culture and is able to demonstrate cultural sensitivity.
Knowledge of HIPAA regulations, the Data Privacy Act and ability to maintain strict confidentiality of all patient and Band information.
Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
Fluency in Ojibwe language preferred.
Ability to work cooperatively with others and take direction required.
Ability to keep detailed records.
Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, proof of current insurance, and be insurable under the Band’s auto insurance policy.
Must pass a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and criminal background check.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reports directly to the RN case manager.
• Monitor and record vital signs, medications, smoking status, and other pertinent information on PCC and/or other documentation forms.
• Instruct and advise client or his/her significant others regarding home care, follow-through on medical orders, diet management, referrals to other health care, medications, etc.
• Document all services provided using the appropriate documentation method.
• Comply with HIPAA, data privacy act, infection control, MLB policies, HHS policies, and Public Health policies and procedures.
• Actively participate in assigned committees and community activities.
• Assist, as directed, with all Public Health activities.
• Maintain knowledge of policies, procedures, protocols, and regulations governing the provision of nursing services in the Public Health Department.
• Advise others of relevant client, community, and staff concerns as needed.
• Maintains the Public Health Department’s medical supplies at adequate levels for anticipated needs.
• Other duties as assigned.
Work exposes incumbent to biohazard, chemical hazard, and other hazards. Proper protective procedures and equipment must be utilized to minimize the associated risks.
Work exposes incumbent to hazardous chemicals.
Work is performed indoors in a controlled climate area.
Work requires use of protective devices such as masks, goggles, or gloves.
Nature of work is such that the incumbent experiences infrequent periods of moderate to high stress levels while dealing with clients, family members, and others.
Hours are typically 8-5, but possibly with some extra hours. May involve some evening or weekend working and occasionally an 'on call' system covering emergency situations.
Local travel may be required.
Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
43408 Oodena Dr.
Onamia, MN 56359
Fax # (320) 532-7492