Position Title: Maintenance Worker
Location: Early Education
Reports to: District Coordinator
Grade Level: N5
Opening Date: July 20, 2018
Closing Date: August 6, 2018
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
To provide janitorial, maintenance and repair services which are required for classrooms, offices, common areas, utilities, equipment, fixtures, and materials for the facility and grounds. To provide routine and/or emergency repairs and maintenance of facilities, grounds, equipment, and assist with remodels, installations, relocations and program expansion of facilities and training or event set ups. Follow health and safety procedures and perform safety inspections and checklists to ensure facility and grounds are hazard free.
• High School diploma or GED preferred and one year of related work experience.
• Must have scheduling flexibility to perform occasional after hour’s emergency services.
• When to notify supervisor of issues and problems beyond their scope of responsibility.
• Ability to lift up to 70 lbs with occasional lifting of over 70lbs., with assistance.
• Daily standing for periods of several hours while executing various tasks.
• Regular crouching, bending, twisting, stooping, kneeling etc. to facilitate various repairs and maintenance activities. Includes frequent ladder climbing and occasionally crawling under buildings.
• Regular reaching, including over-head to stock & retrieve supplies, equipment, painting, repairs etc.
• Provide evidence of negative TB test.
• Experience in and sensitively to Native American culture.
• CPR and first aid certified or (within 30days).
• Current mantox (yearly) and physical every two years.
• Continued compliance of the Mille Lacs Band drug and alcohol policy.
• Employment is conditional upon pre-hire and continued compliance of the background check policy.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Projects an image of service and professionalism with a positive attitude and interacts easily as an integral part of the faculty and staff.
• Understanding of the relationship of the Early Education Program to the Mille Lacs Band Community also values and supports the mission of both.
• Mandated reporter monitor and report suspected child abuse and neglect.
• Attend meetings and trainings or other appropriate professional development activities required or recommended by supervisor.
• Head Start / Early Head Start experience.
• Head Start / Early Head Start Parent.
• All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to Head Start's policy on confidentiality.
• Must have a current valid driver’s license, and be insurable under the Mille Lacs Band Drivers Insurance policy.
• Must pass a background check, and pre-employment drug & alcohol test.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ability to communicate (verbal and written) effectively and appropriately with others.
• Ability to read and follow detailed written and verbal instructions.
• Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
• Assist with repair, maintenance, upkeep, of playground structures.
• Insure that safety and health procedures are followed as directed by supervisor.
• Assist with repair and maintenance of buildings, storage facilities, machinery and equipment agency wide.
• Assist with remodels, refurbishing and repair of interior office spaces, classrooms and storage units, includes minor carpentry, painting, sanding and refinishing of furniture, fixtures and equipment.
• Assist with moving office furniture, fixtures and equipment within and between sites to support staffing changes, relocations, remodels and program expansion.
• Assist with routine/minor maintenance of plumbing, electrical, and heating and ventilation systems.
• Assist with training and event set ups.
• Assist with routine inspections of interior and exterior areas to insure areas are free of safety hazards, trash, weeds and other foreign materials etc.
• Assist with regular maintenance and upkeep of outside areas, including lawns, landscaped beds, play grounds and parking lots, to include weeding, mowing, landscape bark application, trash and litter removal and whatever else is required to keep areas clean and neat. Basic knowledge, skills and experience in repair and maintenance of equipment, furniture, fixtures, facilities systems, grounds and structures.
• Assure general maintenance and security of facility and assist with inventory of equipment and supplies.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Work exposes incumbent to conditions such as fumes, noxious odors, dusts, mists, gases, and poor ventilation.
• Work exposes incumbent to possible bodily injury from moving mechanical parts of equipment, tools, or machinery.
• Work exposes incumbent to hazardous chemicals.
• Work is performed for sustained periods outdoors and occasionally in hot, cold, or inclement weather.
• Work requires use of protective devices such as masks, goggles, or gloves.
• Local travel is required, travel outside the state is very limited.
Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
43408 Oodena Dr.
Onamia, MN 56359
Fax # (320) 532-7492
e-mail to email@example.com