Mental Health Therapist (School Based)
Position Title: Mental Health Therapist (School Based)
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Mental Health Therapist provides professional therapeutic services in the testing, evaluation, counseling or behavior management of persons with mental disorders or behavioral issues.
• Graduation from a master’s degree program with emphasis in psychology or behavior modification/management from an accredited college or university.
• Current state licensure from the state of Minnesota is required or working towards license.
• Two (2) to five (5) years of professional clinical work experience as a psychologist in an institutional or community mental health, mental retardation, long-term care or corrections program.
Knowledge of Native American traditions and customs.
Knowledge of the theory and practice of administering, scoring, and interpreting a wide variety of standardized psychometric tests and measurements.
Knowledge of the principles and practices of clinical psychology.
Knowledge of interviewing and other informational gathering techniques.
Knowledge of psychotropic medications.
Must have a current driver’s license, reliable transportation, proof of current insurance coverage, and insurability under the Band’s Auto Insurance Policy.
Must pass a background check, and pre-employment drug & alcohol test.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform diagnostic, evaluative, counseling, and behavior modification/management planning and programming services for selected patients, families, and groups.
• Prepare and present planning, progress and evaluation summaries in regard to selected clients.
Administer, score, and interpret a variety of intelligence, achievement, aptitude, interest, social maturity, and personality tests for clients.
• Design behavior modification programs and trains other caregivers in behavior management principles and procedures.
• Consults with parents, other caregivers, and other Band personnel in dealing with client’s behavioral and emotional issues.
• Other duties as assigned.
Due to the inherent stress (vicarious traumatization) in providing therapy to individuals and families with psychological/emotional problems, therapists should have regular consultation and support with fellow mental health workers.
Work is primarily in doors in a controlled climate area. However, working most effectively with clients may occasionally involve visits to homes or doing outside activates.
Little threat of personal danger or risk.
Hours are typically 8-5, but extra hours may be necessary to meet deadlines and maintain workload. May involve some evening or weekend working.
Local travel is required, limited travel outside the state is also required.
Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
43408 Oodena Dr.
Onamia, MN 56359
Fax # (320) 532-7492