NASS Bus Driver D1
Position Title: NASS Bus Driver (District I)
Location: Nay Ah Shing School
Reports to: Transportation Coordinator
Grade Level: N8
Opening Date: July 10, 2018
Closing Date: July 24, 2018
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Bus Driver is responsible to transport students in accordance with local and state laws and regulations ensuring a safe environment for students while bus in in transport mode. The bus driver follows safety rules for students entering and exiting the bus, complies with traffic regulations in a safe and courteous manner, maintains order among students, and keeps a log on the condition of the school bus vehicle to ensure that everything is in working order. This is a school year position with 42 weeks of employment.
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Three-month to one year Certificate of completion in a truck or bus driving program.
• Three (3) to Five (5) years of experience as a bus driver or truck driver.
• Must have a valid Class B Minnesota Driver’s license with school bus and passenger endorsement.
• Must have clean or good driving record with the ability to be insured under the Band’s auto insurance policy.
• Must have up-to-date First Aid Certification.
• Projects a positive image of service, which represents the area of assignment.
• Complies with Mille Lacs Band drug and alcohol policy.
• Complies with Federal background check policy.
• Background investigation required that shows no theft or fraud above a misdemeanor, no felony drug conviction and no sexual or crimes-against-a-person conviction at any level.
• A staff person with direct contact with or access to children in care must disclose the arrest, conviction, and applicant background information if that staff person:
(a) has a conviction of, has admitted to, has an adjudication of delinquency for, has been charged and is awaiting trial for, or a preponderance of the evidence indicates the person has committed:
1) a crime against a child;
2) an act of physical or sexual abuse;
4) a felony;
5) the same or similar crimes as those in this subsection listed in the laws of another state or of the United States or of any Tribal law;
(b) has a conviction of, has admitted to, has an adjudication of delinquency for, has been charged and is awaiting trial for, or a preponderance of the evidence indicates the person has committed any misdemeanor offense under Federal, State, or Tribal law involving crimes of violence; sexual assault, molestation, exploitation, contact or prostitution; crimes against persons; or offenses committed against children. The Licensing Committee may evaluate the nature and time of a misdemeanor assault charge as well as other types of misdemeanor crimes not specified in this section to determine whether employment is appropriate.
8 MLBSA § 1212(a-b).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Drives the bus on assigned routes, notifying the coordinator of any changes during route.
• Follows state and local laws and regulations.
• Checks the condition of the vehicle’s tires, brakes, windshield wipers, lights, oil, fuel, water, and safety equipment to ensure everything is in working order.
• Ensures the safety and well-being of children being transported to and from school and on field trips, while maintaining schedule.
• Ensures children are dropped off at requested location only.
• Follows procedures to guarantee that all children have departed the bus at the end of all bus routes (morning, evening and during field trips or other special trips).
• Ensures that the bus always has sufficient fuel.
• Is reliable and on time to ensure routes stay on time.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Work exposes incumbent to conditions such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists, and gases.
• Work is performed for sustained periods outdoors and occasionally in hot, cold, or inclement weather.
• Hours vary with some extra hours particularly during the winter.
• Local travel is required.
Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
43408 Oodena Dr.
Onamia, MN 56359
Fax # (320) 532-7492
e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org