Office Assistant (Secretary)
Position Title: Office Assistant (Secretary)
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
Office Assistant (Secretary) is responsible for the administrative and secretarial duties for the building, which includes receptionist duties, administrative communication and secretarial support.
High School diploma or GED is required.
Minimum of 1 years of office experience required.
Strong verbal and written communications skills.
Ability to deal with highly confidential data.
Strong personal computer skills in a Windows environment, including spreadsheet and Word applications.
Able to multi-task and remain calm under pressure.
Familiarity with and ability to operate various office equipment including fax machines, dictation equipment, photo copying machines, etc.
Ability to understand and follow directions.
Capable of maintaining accurate records.
Complies with the Mille Lacs Band background checks, and pre-employment drug & alcohol test.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs general office support responsibilities such as: answering phones, screening calls and taking messages; reviewing, sorting and distributing incoming mail; operating copiers and other office machines.
Ensures safety of children by ascertaining check outs are authorized and by monitoring the front door so only authorized visitors enter the building.
Greets office visitors, signs in/out and provides visitor badges, if necessary.
• Types correspondence, memos, reports, bulletins, newsletters, child abuse reports and schedules for the school and principal, as appropriate.
• Keeps office area clean and orderly.
• Responds to informational requests and inquiries.
• Process student check-in and check out and adjusts student’s School net attendance record accordingly.
• Enters daily attendance into school database.
• Accesses Schoolnet to get needed student information and contacts, maintains student records, sends student records as assigned.
• Received payments for childcare, meals, etc.
• Assists with processing time sheets for all staff in the facility.
• Assists with processing purchase orders, contracts, and check requests on behalf of the staff and administration of the facility.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Nature of the work is such that stress, if any, is insignificant.
• Work is exclusively indoors in a controlled climate area.
• Little threat of personal danger or risk.
• Hours are typically 8-5, but possibly some extra hours.
• Travel is typically not required.
Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
43408 Oodena Dr.
Onamia, MN 56359
Fax # (320) 532-7492
e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org