Pharmacy Tech Aide
Position Title: Pharmacy Technician Aide (Part Time Regular)
Reports to: Pharmacy Manager
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Pharmacy Technician Aide assists with research and follows up on rejected claims in order to ensure maximum reimbursement to the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe Indians within specified time frames. This includes telephone contacts and any steps necessary for satisfactory resolution of the claim. This position also performs duties of a pharmacy technician as needed.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Registration with the State of Minnesota as a Pharmacy Technician.
Certification as a Pharmacy Technician and continued education as required for recertification.
Must have at least three (3) years of experience as a Pharmacy Technician.
Strong oral, written and computer communication skills.
Knowledge and understanding of established and standardized office procedures and pharmacy policies sufficient to handle duties.
Knowledge of HIPPA regulations and the Data Privacy Act of 1974 and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of patient, medical, clinic and Band information.
Knowledge and sensitivity to Native American Culture.
Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test and background check.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for the accurate and timely preparation and submission of claims to third party payers according to established policies and procedures.
• Responsible for the error correction for all rejected/suspended claims previously submitted to third party payers.
• Requests and obtains prior authorization for various pharmaceutical products from insurance companies.
• Assists providers in completing forms providing all data required, obtains signatures, and returns as needed for processing of collection.
• Notifies the pharmacy manager or pharmacist of claims deemed unbillable and the reason.
• Assist all department staff with interpretation of denials, codes and other information necessary to expedite billing to third party payers.
• Ensures there is documentation of all actions(s) taken for adequate audit trails
• Assure HIPPA compliance with regard to billing practices.
• The ability to perform pharmacy technician duties as needed dependent on staffing levels.
Hours are typically 8-5.
Nature of work is such that incumbent experiences infrequent periods of moderate stress levels while dealing with patients and payer. Workload may also be a source of stress.
Work is indoors.
Travel is not required.
Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
43408 Oodena Dr.
Onamia, MN 56359
Fax # (320) 532-7492