Resident Services Assistant
Position Title: Resident Services Assistant
Location: Housing –CMD
Reports to: Resident Services Supervisor
Grade Level: N8
Opening Date: September 6, 2018
Closing Date: September 20, 2018
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Resident Services Assistant supports Housing Department Administration to monitor and maintain policy and procedure and conducting quarterly inspections on all Band rental properties and leases. In addition, the Resident Services Assistant provides tenant coaching to improve lease management and promote resident responsibility.
• High school diploma or GED.
• One year experience in Indian housing or affordable housing experience is required.
• A working knowledge of Tribal government and the Band’s Housing Program,
• Basic knowledge of federal, state, and county agencies that provide family counseling and social service programs.
• Ability to work with minimal direct supervision.
• Able to maintain and be respectful of highly personal and confidential information on current and prospective clients.
• Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work with potentially distressed clients in a respectful manner.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license, have reliable transportation, and be insurable under the Mille Lacs Band Auto Insurance Policy.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and conduct pre-occupancy and post occupancy training to eligible clients.
• Establish and maintain an effective relationship between tenants and the Housing Department.
• Establish and maintains case files, records, logs, and other documentation of inspection activities.
• Conduct quarterly unit inspections.
• Provide individual and group training regarding Housing Department requirements, the care and maintenance of housing units, renter’s responsibilities, and budgeting in accordance with established guidelines.
• Works extensively with housing tenants which including move in & move out inspections.
• Refer clients in obtaining services from other social services agencies, including other Band programs, BIA programs, HIS, legal aid, etc.
• Promote a greater understanding within the community of the Housing programs, services, and requirements.
• Prepare routine office files, correspondence, activities log, and other reports and documents.
• Assist with monthly home maintenance classes, tenant coaching, and mentoring.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Nature of work is such that incumbent experiences infrequent periods of modest stress levels due to workload. Distressed clients may also be a source of stress.
• Little threat of personal danger or risk.
• Hours are typically 8-5, but possibly with some extra hours. May involve some evening or weekend work.
• Local travel to all three districts is required.
Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
43408 Oodena Dr.
Onamia, MN 56359
Fax # (320) 532-7492