SPED Paraprofessional - Three Positions
Position Title: Special Education Paraprofessional (Three Full Time Positions)
Location: Nay Ah Shing Schools
Reports to: Special Education Coordinator
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Special Education Paraprofessional is responsible for working with k-12 students. The special education paraprofessional assists in defining and implementing performance standards and behavior modifications in the classroom with the general education teachers.
• Degree, or completion of two years postsecondary education, or passing score on equivalency test as mandated by No Child Left Behind.
• One year of experience in educational environment working with students with disabilities.
• Loves children and can whole heartedly engage in working with and for them.
• Willingness to maintain a high level of competence, exercise discrete judgment, and honor confidentiality.
• Projects an image of service and professionalism with a positive attitude.
• Current mantoux and physical.
• Complies with Mille Lacs Band drug and alcohol policies.
• Complies with criminal background check, per policy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Understanding of the relationships of Nay Ah Shing programs to the Mille Lacs Community. Values and supports the position of both.
• Experience, familiarity, and the ability to work with the diverse constituencies of Nay Ah Shing School.
• Interacts easily as part of the faculty and staff.
Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
43408 Oodena Dr.
Onamia, MN 56359
Fax # (320) 532-7492