JOB TITLE: Surveillance Operator
LOCATION: Grand Casino ML
SALARY: N8 (starts at $14.10 per hour)
SUPERVISOR: Shift Supervisor
• High School Diploma or GED required.
o Associates Degree or higher required and 1 year of experience in gaming regulations or a gaming area of casino operations preferred; or
o 1 year of post-secondary education required and 3 years of experience in gaming regulations or a gaming area of casino operations preferred.
• GRA experience preferred.
• Must be able to pass pre-employment surveillance testing, which includes math, observation, computer and written communication skills.
• Must possess excellent observational and communication skills.
• Must be able to detect any schemes or cheating activity aimed at the company or its Customers.
• Knowledge of and a minimum of six (6) months experience with closed circuit television equipment preferred.
• Ability to comprehend and analyze technical information and regulations and apply this information to current regulatory practices.
• Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills required.
• Strong personal computer skills in a windows environment, including spreadsheet and word applications required.
• Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Ability to understand and follow directions.
• Employees must be of high moral character.
Mille Lacs Band Member/Native American preference applies
Monitors all areas of the property at all times, identifying potential security and/or safety risks and reporting same to the appropriate individual or entity, for proper resolution.
Utilizes necessary equipment, to identify, record, document and report illegal, suspicious or unusual activities occurring on property.
Strives to gain a working knowledge of all the procedures and ensures strict adherence to same throughout the property.
Protects company assets and gaming integrity, through the consistent, thorough monitoring of all activities on property.
Supports the Mille Lacs Band, with regard to protection of assets in all departments.
Develops skills through review, testing and self-study.
Facilitates the flow of information throughout the department, by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings and staying on top of communications.
Held accountable for accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
• Make internal suggestions and recommendations, as appropriate, with regard to possible changes in the policies and procedures of other departments, with the protection of company assets in mind.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Travel between properties may occur.
• Must be able to obtain a Mille Lacs Band Class A gaming license.
• Must be able to pass a company pre-employment drug and alcohol test and be able to maintain the drug and alcohol policy while employed.
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Gaming Regulatory Authority
Attention: Richard Stiner
Phone number: 320.532.8366