46367 Alma Razor Rd Hinckley, MN. Roof replacement
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
43408 Oodena Dr.
Onamia, MN 56359
The Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, Community Development office will be accepting sealed lump sum bids for renovation at 46367 Alma Razor Rd, Hinckley MN. Bids will be due Wednesday 20 September, 2017 at 3:00 PM. Bids received will be opened and qualified by the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe on Thursday 21 September, 2017 at 8:30 AM. A mandatory Pre-Bid site visit will be held on Monday September 11th 2017 at 11:00 AM.
- It is the Contractors responsibility to identify any and all discrepancies in the scope of work, not meeting Industry Standards or that which is inconsistent with the International Residential Code (IRC), and Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe 2016 MLB Project Specification Book.
- All electrical wiring, apparatus and equipment for electric light, heat and power, technology circuits or systems shall comply with the rules of the Department of Commerce or the Department of Labor and Industry, as applicable, and be installed in conformity with accepted standards of construction for safety to life and property.
- Contractor must reconnect all utilities, service panel or service feed. Also includes gas, propane. Include such equipment or materials identified in the pre-bid conference.
- Contractor will secure all permits and fees.
- Contractor is responsible for a thorough investigation of the scope of work.
- Contractor will repair any damage to the property or structure created by the scope of work.
- NO WORK SHALL BE PERFORMED UNTIL ALL REQUIRED PERMITS HAVE BEEN ISSUED AND COPIES IN THE POSSESSION OF THE PROJECT COORDINATOR AND /OR MILLE LACS BAND BUILDING OFFICIAL.
Work Scope Description:
- Demo all skylight components, supply and install framing members to close off opening.
- Demo and replace all sheetrock to ceilings in kitchen and living room.
- Demo and replace water damaged insulation in attic space.
- Supply, install and or replace any missing or damaged attic insulation baffles.
- Supply and install new vapor barrier to living room and kitchen ceilings, vapor barrier to be taped at seams.
- Remove upper cabinets on west wall to demo and replace soffit sheetrock.
- Tape, texture, prime and paint newly installed drywall surfaces in kitchen and living room.
- Reinstall cabinets.
- Carefully remove window casing to living room window. Demo sheetrock around window. Assess framing members around window opening. Repair or replace framing members if needed. Re-sheetrock area. Spray foam around window if needed. Reinstall window casing.
- Patch and paint existing living room and kitchen walls. To match existing.
- Demo roofing, supply and install new roofing with spec roofing products to include all accessories, plumbing jacks, flashing, etc. and convert to ridge vent assembly. satellite dish and other existing components to be reinstalled.
- Supply and install sheathing to previous skylight opening.
- Existing gutter system will be reinstalled if removed for roofing installation.
- Contractor to remove all waste generated throughout project to include ensuring no fasteners or waste are left on ground or in gutters.
- Re-glaze living room window sash.
- Include in bid a separate line item cost to demo and replace up to 6 (six) full 4’x8’ sheets of roof sheathing. Roof sheathing replacement to be performed in full 4’x8’ sheet increments.
Specified Product Substitutions: All proposed product substitutions must be approved by the Project Coordinator 5 days prior to bid. Any approved substitutions, will be made available to all bidders.
Interested bidders shall contact Archie Cash – CMD Project Coordinator at email@example.com or at 320.532.7432 to be included on the bidder’s list in the event that any addendums are issued for this project.
- The Contractor shall be capable of mobilizing his equipment and crews within seven days of the receipt of Notice to Proceed.
- Contractor shall provide means and methods for all building phases of construction.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT/PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL BIDS FOR ANY REASON.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT WILL, TO THE GREATEST EXTENT FEASIBLE, GIVE PREFERENCE IN THE AWARD OF CONTRACT TO INDIAN ORGANIZATIONS AND INDIAN-OWNED ECONOMIC ENTERPRISES.
- Submit proposal in lump sum (supply and install), not to exceed amount
- All Contractors (including subcontractors) must comply with Davis Bacon wage requirements.
- All Contractors must provide the following along with their bid submittal:
a. Completed and signed MLB Community Development Construction Bid Form
b. A copy of Current MLB Vendor’s License (or a copy of the submitted application)
c. A copy of Current Insurance Certificate
d. Completed and signed copy of the TERO Compliance Plan
e. A copy of Subcontractor/Material Supplier list
f. A copy of valid State of Minnesota Contractor’s License
g. A copy of Authorized Signature Sheet (submitted with first bid submittal)
- All Contractors must comply with all Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe American Indian Employment requirements (see 18 MLBSA § 5). Contact Craig Hansen at (320) 532-4778.
All proposals must be mailed and labeled as follows:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
Commissioner of Community Development
Sealed bid: 46367 Alma Razor Rd. Roof Replacement
PO Box 509
Onamia, MN 56359
Please note that the bids submitted via mail to the P.O. Box. FedEx and UPS will not deliver to a P.O. Box and the Onamia post office will not accept hand delivered items. Please plan accordingly to ensure the timely receipt of your bid submittal. Do not require delivery signature.
**The Band reserves the right to reject any bid that it is unable to collect at the Onamia post office by the bid deadline date and time, provided that the Band has made diligent and reasonable efforts to collect the bid. The Band reserves this right even in the event that the bid has been postmarked before the deadline.
PROPOSALS NOT SUBMITTED IN THIS MANNER WILL BE REJECTED.
- Firms must be licensed with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe. A copy of this license (or the license application) must accompany each bid. Licensing process can take several weeks. If you are not currently licensed with the MLBO, please submit a copy of your license application along with your proposal. Contact Jacquelyn Smith at (320)532-8240 or via email at JSmith@mlcorporateventures.com with questions regarding licensing and for the license application.
PERMIT AND CONTRACTOR REQUIREMENTS:
Permits: Contractors are responsible to attain all necessary permits for all work, including Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe (MLBO) Permits.
Bonding Requirements: In accordance with 2016 MLB Project Specification Book. Please note that bonding requirements on Mille Lacs Band Funded Residential projects has changed. All projects over $50,000 require bonding regardless of company ownership.
MLBSA Section 17 Procurement Statue Ordinance 03-06 states the following:
Section 17. Bonding
A. In construction contracts that are federally funded or deemed commercial, bonding is required. These types of contracts shall demand a performance bond not less than twenty (20%) percent of the total contract price, but not to exceed $500,000.00. A performance bond requirement is to ensure that, if a contractor defaults, the Band may request that the surety pay the expense incurred to complete the construction contract.
B. In addition, all construction contracts identified as federally funded or commercial shall be covered by a payment bond equal to one payment installment or cover subcontractors/suppliers as determined by the Contracting Officer or his agents. The payment bond must contain language stating that if the contractor fails to make a payment to its subcontractors/suppliers, the surety will make the necessary payment.
C. For all Band funded residential construction projects, a performance bond is required for contracts in excess of $50,000.00. The performance bond shall be at a minimum twenty (20%) percent of the contract price, but not in excess of $500,000.00.
SECTION II – BIDDING FORMS
Bidding Requirements and Contract Forms
FY 2017 CONSTRUCTION BID FORM
REQUIRED FOR ALL BIDS
FIRM NAME: __
JOB/PROJECT: 46367 Alma Razor Rd Hinckley, MN. Roof Replacement
LUMP SUM PRICE:
(Written Value) (Dollar Amount)
Acknowledgement of Addendum(s): 1) __ date 2) date 3) date
BID GUARANTEE PERIOD:
I agree to hold this bid open for a period of 90 days after the bid opening. If this bid is accepted I agree to execute a Contract and/or a Purchase Order with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe along with furnishing all required bonding (if required) and insurances.
I understand that this company, its subcontractors and all employees performing work on this project will be expected to comply with all Mille Lacs Band TERO Compliance Regulations. Upon being informed that I will be awarded a contract for this project, I will submit all required TERO Compliance Plans directly to the MLB TERO Office for review and approval.
Acknowledgement of TERO Compliance: _____
ATTACHMENTS REQUIRED: Failure to provide any of these attachments will result in bid disqualification.
o MLB BID FORM (MUST BE SIGNED)
o MLBO VENDOR LICENSE
o COPY OF CURRENT INSURANCES
o LETTER FROM BONDING SURETY
o COPY OF MINNESOTA CONTRACTOR’S LICENSE
o SUB-CONTRACTOR LISTS (Include values)
FIRM NAME: ____TELEPHONE:_____
EMAIL ADDRESS: ____