D2 Clinic Foundation Package
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
43408 Oodena Dr.
Onamia, MN 56359
The Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, Community Development office will be accepting sealed lump sum bids for initial site work and foundation installation for the new D2 Clinic in McGregor, MN. Bids will be due Wednesday 27 September, 2017 at 3:00 PM. Bids received will be opened and qualified by the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe on Thursday 28 September, 2017 at 8:30 AM.
A mandatory Pre-Bid site visit will be held at the site on Monday 9/18/17 at 2:00 PM. The site is accessible by the East Lake Pow Wow Grounds: 37736 Hwy. 65, McGregor, MN
- It is the Contractors responsibility to identify any and all discrepancies in the scope of work, not meeting Industry Standards or that which is inconsistent with the International Building Code (IBC), and Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe 2016 MLB Project Specification Book.
- All electrical wiring, apparatus and equipment for electric light, heat and power, technology circuits or systems shall comply with the rules of the Department of Commerce or the Department of Labor and Industry, as applicable, and be installed in conformity with accepted standards of construction for safety to life and property.
- Contractor must reconnect all utilities, service panel or service feed. Also includes gas, propane. Include such equipment or materials identified in the pre-bid conference.
- Contractor will secure all permits and fees.
- Contractor is responsible for a thorough investigation of the scope of work.
- Contractor will repair any damage to the property or structure created by the scope of work.
- NO WORK SHALL BE PERFORMED UNTIL ALL REQUIRED PERMITS HAVE BEEN ISSUED AND COPIES IN THE POSSESSION OF THE PROJECT COORDINATOR AND /OR MILLE LACS BAND BUILDING OFFICIAL.
Work Scope Description:
- Site Clearing: Contractor shall clear all trees and brush from identified site corner 175’ in each direction. MLB DNR requests any 8” diameter or larger oak or maple be cut and sectioned in 8’ lengths and neatly piled near site for DNR pick up. All other brush and trees to be removed from site. Chipping on site is encouraged.
- Contractor shall install silt fence along the cleared South, East, and North sides of the site area perimeter.
- Remove topsoil from building pad area to prepare for excavation.
- Excavate existing soils from building pad to footing elevation.
- Foundation will consist of traditional spread footings 24” x 12” with (2) #5 rebar, 7 course 8” CMU walls to frost depth of 60”, reinforced and core filled at 72” o.c. with top course bond beam. (See Alternate for ICF wall construction)
- Form and pour concrete footings, per building design. Provide rebar ground rod connection for future electrical installation/connection.
- Layout and install CMU foundation walls, reinforcement, piers, to complete the building foundation. Provide sleeve in foundation wall for sewer line connection. Provide draintile sleeve under footing for water service connection.
- Complete waterproofing, foundation insulation, interior and exterior draintile systems with rock and fabric cover. Include weep installation on the interior side of the drain tile system to drain the block wall cavities.
- Backfill foundation with clean sand fill material from footing depth to 6” below top of foundation wall (interior and exterior).
- Previously excavated material may be re-spread around the building exterior to provide adequate drainage during the remaining construction. Unused excavated material may be stockpiled on site. Coordinate location with MLBO project management staff.
- Owner will engage special inspection / testing services for the following services: concrete testing, masonry grout testing, core fill testing, reinforcement inspection, and interior building compaction testing.
- Contractor shall coordinate with the civil engineer to provide building staking, and elevation setting (benchmark). Upon completion of the foundation wall construction, as-built measurements shall be taken to ensure accuracy and coordination for the remaining construction work.
- Contractor shall provide in the base bid a $20,000.00 pier allowance to be utilized for any column point loads or interior footing pads and piers that may be required as structural design is finalized. Allowance shall be utilized via time and material.
- Work is expected to commence immediately upon contract approval. Contractor shall be responsible for any winter heating conditions, covering or blanketing as necessary to proceed with the foundation work. Anticipated start date will be Nov. 1 2017.
- Project will require Federal Davis Bacon Wage reporting for Aitkin County Building rates. Certified Payroll reports to be turned in with payment applications.
- Project requires MLBO building permit.
Bid Alternate #1: Alternative to CMU foundation construction. Contractor shall supply, install, reinforce and pour 8” concrete filled Insulated Concrete Forms (I.C.F.) in lieu of cmu masonry foundation walls.
Specified Product Substitutions: All proposed product substitutions must be approved by the Project Coordinator 5 days prior to bid. Any approved substitutions, will be made available to all bidders.
Interested bidders shall contact Ryan Jendro – CMD Project Manager at email@example.com or at 320.532.7857 to be included on the bidder’s list in the event that any addendums are issued for this project.
- The Contractor shall be capable of mobilizing his equipment and crews within seven days of the receipt of Notice to Proceed.
- Contractor shall provide means and methods for all building phases of construction.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT/PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL BIDS FOR ANY REASON.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT WILL, TO THE GREATEST EXTENT FEASIBLE, GIVE PREFERENCE IN THE AWARD OF CONTRACT TO INDIAN ORGANIZATIONS AND INDIAN-OWNED ECONOMIC ENTERPRISES.
- Submit proposal in lump sum (supply and install), not to exceed amount
- All Contractors (including subcontractors) must comply with Davis Bacon wage requirements.
- All Contractors must provide the following along with their bid submittal:
a. Completed and signed MLB Community Development Construction Bid Form
b. A copy of Current MLB Vendor’s License (or a copy of the submitted application)
c. A copy of Current Insurance Certificate
d. A copy of Subcontractor/Material Supplier list
e. A copy of valid State of Minnesota Contractor’s License
f. A copy of Authorized Signature Sheet (submitted with first bid submittal)
- All Contractors must comply with all Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe American Indian Employment requirements (see 18 MLBSA § 5). Contact Craig Hansen at (320) 532-4778.
All proposals must be mailed and labeled as follows:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
Commissioner of Community Development
Sealed bid: (D2 Clinic Foundation Package)
PO Box 509
Onamia, MN 56359
Please note that the bids submitted via mail to the P.O. Box. FedEx and UPS will not deliver to a P.O. Box and the Onamia post office will not accept hand delivered items. Please plan accordingly to ensure the timely receipt of your bid submittal. Do not require delivery signature.
**The Band reserves the right to reject any bid that it is unable to collect at the Onamia post office by the bid deadline date and time, provided that the Band has made diligent and reasonable efforts to collect the bid. The Band reserves this right even in the event that the bid has been postmarked before the deadline.
PROPOSALS NOT SUBMITTED IN THIS MANNER WILL BE REJECTED.
- Firms must be licensed with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe. A copy of this license (or the license application) must accompany each bid. Licensing process can take several weeks. If you are not currently licensed with the MLBO, please submit a copy of your license application along with your proposal. Contact Jacquelyn Smith at (320)532-8240 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding licensing and for the license application.
PERMIT AND CONTRACTOR REQUIREMENTS:
Permits: Contractors are responsible to attain all necessary permits for all work, including Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe (MLBO) Permit.
Bonding Requirements: In accordance with 2016 MLB Project Specification Book. Please note that bonding requirements on Mille Lacs Band Funded Residential projects has changed. All projects over $50,000 require bonding regardless of company ownership.
MLBSA Section 17 Procurement Statue Ordinance 03-06 states the following:
Section 17. Bonding
A. In construction contracts that are federally funded or deemed commercial, bonding is required. These types of contracts shall demand a performance bond not less than twenty (20%) percent of the total contract price, but not to exceed $500,000.00. A performance bond requirement is to ensure that, if a contractor defaults, the Band may request that the surety pay the expense incurred to complete the construction contract.
B. In addition, all construction contracts identified as federally funded or commercial shall be covered by a payment bond equal to one payment installment or cover subcontractors/suppliers as determined by the Contracting Officer or his agents. The payment bond must contain language stating that if the contractor fails to make a payment to its subcontractors/suppliers, the surety will make the necessary payment.
SECTION II – BIDDING FORMS
Bidding Requirements and Contract Forms
FY 2016 CONSTRUCTION BID FORM
REQUIRED FOR ALL BIDS
FIRM NAME: __
JOB/PROJECT: D2 Clinic Foundation Package
LUMP SUM PRICE:
(Written Value) (Dollar Amount)
ALTERNATE #1: (ICF Wall Construction)
(Written Value) (Dollar Amount)
ALTERNATE #2 (Description):
(Written Value) (Dollar Amount)
Acknowledgement of Addendum(s): 1) __ date 2) date 3) date
BID GUARANTEE PERIOD:
I agree to hold this bid open for a period of 90 days after the bid opening. If this bid is accepted I agree to execute a Contract and/or a Purchase Order with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe along with furnishing all required bonding (if required) and insurances.
I understand that this company, its subcontractors and all employees performing work on this project will be expected to comply with all Mille Lacs Band TERO Compliance Regulations. Upon being informed that I will be awarded a contract for this project, I will submit all required TERO Compliance Plans directly to the MLB TERO Office for review and approval.
Acknowledgement of TERO Compliance: _____
ATTACHMENTS REQUIRED: Failure to provide any of these attachments will result in bid disqualification.
o MLB BID FORM (MUST BE SIGNED)
o MLBO VENDOR LICENSE
o COPY OF CURRENT INSURANCES
o COPY OF MINNESOTA CONTRACTOR’S LICENSE
o SUB-CONTRACTOR LISTS (Include values)
FIRM NAME: ____TELEPHONE:_____
EMAIL ADDRESS: ____