17315 Virgo Rd., ONAMIA, MN
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
43408 Oodena Dr.
Onamia, MN 56359
THIS IS NOT A CHANGE ORDER NOR A DIRECTION TO PROCEED WITH THE WORK DESCRIBED HEREIN.
The Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, Community Development office will be accepting sealed lump sum bids for renovation at 17315 Virgo Rd., Onamia, MN. Bids will be due Wednesday 4 October, 2017 at 3:00 PM. Bids received will be opened and qualified by the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe on Thursday 5 October, 2017 at 8:30 AM.
A mandatory Pre-Bid site visit will be held on Tuesday September 19th 2017 at 10:00 AM.
- It is the Contractors responsibility to identify any and all discrepancies in the scope of work, not meeting Industry Standards or that which is inconsistent with the International Residential Code (IRC), and Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe 2016 MLB Project Specification Book.
- All electrical wiring, apparatus and equipment for electric light, heat and power, technology circuits or systems shall comply with the rules of the Department of Commerce or the Department of Labor and Industry, as applicable, and be installed in conformity with accepted standards of construction for safety to life and property.
- Contractor must reconnect all utilities, service panel or service feed. Also includes gas, propane. Include such equipment or materials identified in the pre-bid conference.
- Contractor will secure all permits and fees.
- Contractor is responsible for a thorough investigation of the scope of work.
- Contractor will repair any damage to the property or structure created by the scope of work.
- NO WORK SHALL BE PERFORMED UNTIL ALL REQUIRED PERMITS HAVE BEEN ISSUED AND COPIES IN THE POSSESSION OF THE PROJECT COORDINATOR AND /OR MILLE LACS BAND BUILDING OFFICIAL.
Work Scope Description:
- Repair siding and accessories.
- Repair sheathing and house wrap.
- Repair metal soffit.
- Demo and replace exterior light fixtures.
- Supply and install exterior receptacle covers.
- Demo and replace living room picture window.
- Repair windows. To include brick mold and locking mechanisms.
- Supply and install window screens.
- Demo rear patio door. Frame opening to accept 3’0” door. Door to be ¾ lite unit. Infill area sheathing, house wrap, Insulate, Sheet rock, tape, prime and paint,
- Demo and replace front and rear lock sets. To be keyed alike
- Supply and install screen doors to front and back entries.
- Repair deck railings, replace damaged deck posts.
- Supply and place splash pads.
- Demo and replace all smoke detectors with spec combo smoke c/o detector to meet code compliance.
- Patch and paint all interior drywall surfaces. Apply Kilz mold eliminator over molding areas.
- Demo and replace receptacle and switch covers throughout.
- Demo and replace flooring throughout with spec sheet vinyl.
- Demo and replace up to two full sheets of subflooring and underlayment.
- Repair framing to mechanical room entry.
- Mount furnace switch.
- Repair furnace condensation drain.
- Demo and replace lower kitchen cabinets, counter tops, kitchen sink and faucet.
- Demo and replace range hood.
- Thoroughly clean and align upper kitchen cabinets. Supply and install any missing shelving and accessories.
- Demo and replace base boards throughout to match existing. Vinyl base to be installed in bathroom.
- Demo and replace window extension jambs. To include spray foaming during installation.
- Demo and replace window casings.
- Thoroughly clean all window surfaces.
- Demo and replace floor vents and diffusers.
- Demo and replace bath vanity and bath faucet reusing the existing sink.
- Demo and replace bathroom mirror with a mirror of the same size.
- Demo and replace showerhead faucet set. Moen Banbury Model # 82910
- Demo and replace bath fans.
- Clean tub and surround.
- Supply and install door stops.
- Supply and install missing closet shelving.
- Demo and replace interior doors and hardware with spec product, doors stained to match existing finishes, hardware to match existing metal finish.
- Supply and install HRV unit ensuring new unit is sized for home and balanced by contractor.
- Demo and replace water softener with spec product. To include first supply and fill of salt.
Specified Product Substitutions: All proposed product substitutions must be approved by the Project Coordinator 5 days prior to bid. Any approved substitutions, will be made available to all bidders.
Interested bidders shall contact Archie Cash – CMD Project Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 320.532.7432 to be included on the bidder’s list in the event that any addendums are issued for this project.
- The Contractor shall be capable of mobilizing his equipment and crews within seven days of the receipt of Notice to Proceed.
- Contractor shall provide means and methods for all building phases of construction.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT/PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL BIDS FOR ANY REASON.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT WILL, TO THE GREATEST EXTENT FEASIBLE, GIVE PREFERENCE IN THE AWARD OF CONTRACT TO INDIAN ORGANIZATIONS AND INDIAN-OWNED ECONOMIC ENTERPRISES.
- Submit proposal in lump sum (supply and install), not to exceed amount
- All Contractors (including subcontractors) must comply with Davis Bacon wage requirements.
- All Contractors must provide the following along with their bid submittal:
a. Completed and signed MLB Community Development Construction Bid Form
b. A copy of Current MLB Vendor’s License (or a copy of the submitted application)
c. A copy of Current Insurance Certificate
d. Completed and signed copy of the TERO Compliance Plan
e. A copy of Subcontractor/Material Supplier list
f. A copy of valid State of Minnesota Contractor’s License
g. A copy of Authorized Signature Sheet (submitted with first bid submittal)
- All Contractors must comply with all Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe American Indian Employment requirements (see 18 MLBSA § 5). Contact Craig Hansen at (320) 532-4778.
All proposals must be mailed and labeled as follows:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
Commissioner of Community Development
Sealed bid: 17315 Virgo Road
PO Box 509
Onamia, MN 56359
Please note that the bids submitted via mail to the P.O. Box. FedEx and UPS will not deliver to a P.O. Box and the Onamia post office will not accept hand delivered items. Please plan accordingly to ensure the timely receipt of your bid submittal. Do not require delivery signature.
**The Band reserves the right to reject any bid that it is unable to collect at the Onamia post office by the bid deadline date and time, provided that the Band has made diligent and reasonable efforts to collect the bid. The Band reserves this right even in the event that the bid has been postmarked before the deadline.
PROPOSALS NOT SUBMITTED IN THIS MANNER WILL BE REJECTED.
- Firms must be licensed with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe. A copy of this license (or the license application) must accompany each bid. Licensing process can take several weeks. If you are not currently licensed with the MLBO, please submit a copy of your license application along with your proposal. Contact Jacquelyn Smith at (320)532-8240 or via email at JSmith@mlcorporateventures.com with questions regarding licensing and for the license application.
PERMIT AND CONTRACTOR REQUIREMENTS:
Permits: Contractors are responsible to attain all necessary permits for all work, including Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe (MLBO) Permits. Both sites will require city and county permitting.
Bonding Requirements: In accordance with 2016 MLB Project Specification Book. Please note that bonding requirements on Mille Lacs Band Funded Residential projects has changed. All projects over $50,000 require bonding regardless of company ownership.
MLBSA Section 17 Procurement Statue Ordinance 03-06 states the following:
Section 17. Bonding
A. In construction contracts that are federally funded or deemed commercial, bonding is required. These types of contracts shall demand a performance bond not less than twenty (20%) percent of the total contract price, but not to exceed $500,000.00. A performance bond requirement is to ensure that, if a contractor defaults, the Band may request that the surety pay the expense incurred to complete the construction contract.
B. In addition, all construction contracts identified as federally funded or commercial shall be covered by a payment bond equal to one payment installment or cover subcontractors/suppliers as determined by the Contracting Officer or his agents. The payment bond must contain language stating that if the contractor fails to make a payment to its subcontractors/suppliers, the surety will make the necessary payment.
C. For all Band funded residential construction projects, a performance bond is required for contracts in excess of $50,000.00. The performance bond shall be at a minimum twenty (20%) percent of the contract price, but not in excess of $500,000.00.
SECTION II – BIDDING FORMS
Bidding Requirements and Contract Forms
FY 2016 CONSTRUCTION BID FORM
REQUIRED FOR ALL BIDS
FIRM NAME: __
JOB/PROJECT: 17315 Virgo Road, Onamia MN
LUMP SUM PRICE:
(Written Value) (Dollar Amount)
Acknowledgement of Addendum(s): 1) __ date 2) date 3) date
BID GUARANTEE PERIOD:
I agree to hold this bid open for a period of 90 days after the bid opening. If this bid is accepted I agree to execute a Contract and/or a Purchase Order with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe along with furnishing all required bonding (if required) and insurances.
I understand that this company, its subcontractors and all employees performing work on this project will be expected to comply with all Mille Lacs Band TERO Compliance Regulations. Upon being informed that I will be awarded a contract for this project, I will submit all required TERO Compliance Plans directly to the MLB TERO Office for review and approval.
Acknowledgement of TERO Compliance: _____
ATTACHMENTS REQUIRED: Failure to provide any of these attachments will result in bid disqualification.
o MLB BID FORM (MUST BE SIGNED)
o MLBO VENDOR LICENSE
o COPY OF CURRENT INSURANCES
o LETTER FROM BONDING SURETY
o COPY OF MINNESOTA CONTRACTOR’S LICENSE
o SUB-CONTRACTOR LISTS (Include values)
FIRM NAME: ____TELEPHONE:_____
EMAIL ADDRESS: ____