41119 Wildlife Rd Demo and Replace
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
43408 Oodena Drive
Onamia, MN 56359
THIS IS NOT A CHANGE ORDER NOR A DIRECTION TO PROCEED WITH THE WORK DESCRIBED HEREIN.
The Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, Community Development office will be accepting sealed bids for a demo and replace project at 41119 Wildlife Rd, Hinckley. Bids will be due Wednesday September 20, 2017 at 3:00 PM. Bids received will be opened and qualified by the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe on Thursday September 21, 2017 at 8:30 AM.
A mandatory pre-bid site visit will be held on Friday, September 8th at 3:30PM.
Directions to project site from Hinckley: east on State Hwy 48, turn left onto Pine County Rd 20. Follow Cty Rd 20 1.25 miles north to 41119.
- It is the Contractors responsibility to identify any and all discrepancies in the scope of work, not meeting Industry Standards or that which is inconsistent with the International Residential Code (IRC), and Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe 2016 MLB Project Specification Book.
- All electrical wiring, apparatus and equipment for electric light, heat and power, technology circuits or systems shall comply with the rules of the Department of Commerce or the Department of Labor and Industry, as applicable, and be installed in conformity with accepted standards of construction for safety to life and property.
- Contractor must reconnect all utilities, service panel or service feed. Also includes gas, propane. Include such equipment or materials identified in the pre-bid conference.
- Contractor will secure all permits and fees.
- Contractor is responsible for a thorough investigation of the scope of work.
- Contractor will repair any damage to the property or structure created by the scope of work.
- Contractor shall be responsible for all debris removal related to all work performed under this work scope.
- NO WORK SHALL BE PERFORMED UNTIL ALL REQUIRED PERMITS HAVE BEEN ISSUED AND COPIES IN THE POSSESSION OF THE PROJECT COORDINATOR AND /OR MILLE LACS BAND BUILDING OFFICIAL.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT WILL, TO THE GREATEST EXTENT FEASIBLE, GIVE PREFERENCE IN THE AWARD OF CONTRACT TO INDIAN ORGANIZATIONS AND INDIAN-OWNED ECONOMIC ENTERPRISES.
Work Scope Description:
Turn Key Construction. 2016 MLB Spec Book and Approved Bldg Drawings
- Contractor shall provide materials and labor to demolish the existing home and outbuildings; and have materials removed from the site. Contractor must submit all receipts for disposal to the owner.
- Construct a new home: Walnut Kitchen Left. See plans and selection sheet for options.
a. Furnace thermostat model to be installed will be Honeywell Focus Pro 6000.
b. Contractor shall install #4 re-bar reinforcement @ 24” o.c. in exterior concrete; and #4 rebar @ 48” o.c. in house slab.
c. Simpson H25 hurricane ties shall be installed at every roof truss, one at each end.
d. For homes requiring a sump pump, pumps shall never discharge directly onto exterior concrete; and contractor shall include cost of 25’ extension for discharge with each installation.
e. Pour concrete sidewalk to right of front stoop, narrowing in width down to 4’. Sidewalk to terminate at the corner of the home.
- Excavate and install new frost footings. Excavate all material to footing depth. Import clean sand fill material for backfill operations.
- Contractor shall include 500 extra blocks and 300 yards of extra fill used for foundation construction and backfill in their base bid. Unit costs submitted in Bid Alternate #1 shall be used to calculate credit back to Owner for unused Block and Fill. Note: these costs should include all associated materials, equipment and labor that would be necessary if the extra block and fill were utilized.
- Construct 22’x22’ detached garage structure per plan. To be located 20’ to right of house, measuring from right exterior wall of home to left wall of garage. Front wall of garage to be aligned with the front wall of the home.
a. Contractor shall trench electrical from home to garage.
b. Contractor shall include electrical as shown on plan, and power to home panel. Install disconnect switch in garage per code for power supply feed. Install 60 amp sub panel in garage. Provide 3 interior receptacles.
c. Prep site area for floating slab construction. Remove top soil and vegetation and install sand cushion base. Form and pour 4” Thickened edge slab with vapor barrier per drawing detail. Include ½ course 6” perimeter block around perimeter of slab to ensure 6” separation between bottom plate and finished grade. Finish floor elevation to be 3” higher than drive.
d. Install gutters, downspouts, leaf guards and splash pads. Gutters should discharge at the rear of the garage.
e. Construct 4’x22’ garage apron to be reinforced with #4 rebar @ 24” o.c.
f. Construct 12’x12’ patio slab centered around garage service door to be reinforced with #4 rebar @ 24” o.c.
g. Upon concrete completion, all flatwork to be sealed.
h. Provide and install 16’x 7’ overhead garage door per spec. book.
i. Garage roofing, siding, overhead door, service door & metal trim colors are on the selection sheet and match the house selections.
j. All construction materials and products used shall be per the 2016 Spec Book unless otherwise indicated.
k. Create a slight swale between house and garage to prevent water pooling.
- Site Clearing: Contractor shall remove brush and tree removal from the building pad area and within 20’ of home and garage perimeter.
- Driveway Construction: Contractor to saw cut existing driveway at road edge; provide demolition and removal of the existing asphalt driveway. Contractor shall construct a new driveway, as follows: install 6” of class 5 material with 2” topping of reclaimed concrete or asphalt. Driveway shall be approx. 16’x 75’ (measuring from edge of road to apron), with a flared approach to garage and a backup/ turn around area to the right side of the garage.
- Construction limits will be 30’ surrounding the proposed home.
- Submittals and Attachments:
a. Pre-Bid Acknowledgement / Sign in sheet.
b. All submittals shall be submitted within ten days of construction start.
c. Contractor will provide a warranty outline with their proposal.
d. Omissions or deletions will not be accepted without a written request indicating the reason why the omission or deletion is needed.
e. O&M manuals will be created by the contractor with all warranty cards and operator manuals inserted in a three ring binder before punch list.
f. [MLBO / CD] will choose all aesthetic types and colors.
- Provide code required radon mitigation system. This may be achieved by utilizing a shallow interior drain tile / pvc system and rock bed, vented through the roof.
- Foundation Drainage: Daylight drain tile to the exterior where grade allows, or provide sealed sump basket and pump. Provide a vertical stack cleanout on the highest point in the exterior drain tile system. Coordinate with Project Coordinator.
- Contractor shall provide and install a mailbox with swing away post per spec book with numbering.
- Well - Contractor shall be responsible for shock treatment of the existing well; and testing for coliform bacteria and nitrates. Connect house to existing well.
- Contractor shall complete water conditioning test and set softener hardness accordingly.
- Septic System – On both the septic and pump tanks: Contractor shall excavate down to expose the tank enough to access the inlet and outlet, which will both need to be resealed. The tank risers will need to be resealed. Contractor shall be responsible for ensuring that the tank is watertight after resealing; and that no water is leaking in. Contractor shall hire a licensed SSTS service provider to jet the system’s lines. Contractor shall contact Ryan Rupp to schedule on inspection/ verification of the work completed prior to covering.
- Bids must be honored for 90 calendar days.
- Contractor shall include the cost of 3 compaction tests in their base bid.
- Landscaping and final site work will be conducted by the Owner. General Contractor responsible for rough grading of the site to within three (3) inches of final grade. Rough grade must divert runoff away from the home with no areas of ponding. All areas within lot disturbed by construction shall be addressed.
- Contractor shall be responsible for connections to utilities. Electric – ECE (East Central Energy.), Propane Gas-(Lakes Gas No. 40), Well and Septic and all costs associated. All utilities shall be the Contractor’s responsibility until the home is officially turned over to the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe (punch list completion).
- Contractor shall include 0.5% TERO tax fee in base bid.
- Construction shall be dual permitted through MLBO and Barry Township.
- Contractor will be expected to start construction as soon as possible and as identified in the schedule mutually agreed upon by the Contractor and the Owner. The project schedule shall be established upon final approval of the MLBO Construction Contract and prior to the commencement of any work. At minimum, the contractor must complete demolition of the existing structures, new foundation, interior concrete, onsite well and sewer connection (including repairs) prior to ground freeze-up. The expectation is that construction will be out of the ground by then; and able to continue through to substantial completion.
- Contractor must be substantially complete with construction no later than 150 days after date of final contract approval.
Bid Alternate #1: Provide unit costs for extra block, footing steps, and extra fill. 3 extra block courses and 300 extra yards of fill should be included in the base bid for each home. Unit costs submitted shall be used to calculate credit for unused materials.
Bid Alternate #2: Provide the lump sum cost for contractor to provide materials and labor to complete final grade, including black dirt & seeding per attachment to rfp titled as specifications for bid alternate #2.
Specified Product Substitutions: All proposed product substitutions must be approved by the Project Coordinator 5 days prior to bid. Any approved substitutions, will be made available to all bidders.
Interested bidders shall contact Carla Dunkley at 320-532-7429 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to be included on the bidder’s list in the event that any addendums are issued for this project.
- The Contractor shall be capable of mobilizing his equipment and crews within seven days of the receipt of Notice to Proceed.
- Contractor shall submit building schedule to Project Coordinator at the time of contract signature by the Contractor.
- Contractor shall provide means and methods for all building phases of construction.
- Submit proposal in lump sum (supply and install), not to exceed amount
- All Contractors (including subcontractors) must comply with Davis Bacon wage requirements.
- All Contractors must provide the following along with their bid submittal:
a. Completed and signed MLB Community Development Construction Bid Form, including a separate schedule of values from the monthly payment application for each home to be filled out completely, including subcontractor & supplier names.
b. A copy of Current MLB Vendor’s License (or a copy of the submitted application)
c. Bonding Surety Letter (Required)
d. A copy of Current Insurance Certificate
e. A copy of Subcontractor/Material Supplier list
f. A copy of valid State of Minnesota Contractor’s License
g. A copy of Authorized Signature Sheet (submitted with first bid submittal)
- All Contractors must comply with all Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe American Indian Employment requirements (see 18 MLBSA § 5). Contact Craig Hansen at (320) 532-4778.
All proposals MUST be mailed and labeled as follows:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
Commissioner of Community Development
Sealed bid: 41119 Wildlife Rd Demo & Replace
P.O. Box 509
Onamia, MN 56359
Please note that the bids must be submitted via mail to the P.O. Box. FedEx and UPS will not deliver to a P.O. Box and the Onamia post office will not accept hand delivered items. Please plan accordingly to ensure the timely receipt of your bid submittal.
**The Band reserves the right to reject any bid that it is unable to collect at the Onamia post office by the bid deadline date and time, provided that the Band has made diligent and reasonable efforts to collect the bid. The Band reserves this right even in the event that the bid has been postmarked before the deadline.
PROPOSALS NOT SUBMITTED IN THIS MANNER WILL BE REJECTED.
Firms must be licensed with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe. A copy of this license (or the license application) must accompany each bid. Licensing process can take several weeks. If you are not currently licensed with the MLBO, please submit a copy of your license application along with your proposal. Contact Jacquelyn Smith at (320) 532-8240 or via email at JSmith@mlcorporateventures.com with questions regarding licensing and for the license application.
Permit and Contractor Requirements:
Permits: Contractors are responsible to attain all necessary permits for all work, including Barry Township and Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe (MLBO) Permits.
Bonding Requirements: In accordance with 2016 MLB Project Specification Book.
MLBSA Section 17 Procurement Statue Ordinance 03-06 states the following:
Section 17. Bonding
A. For all Band funded residential construction projects, a performance bond is required for contracts in excess of $50,000.00. The performance bond shall be at a minimum twenty (20%) percent of the contract price, but not in excess of $500,000.00.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT/PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL BIDS FOR ANY REASON.
SECTION II – BIDDING FORMS
Bidding Requirements and Contract Forms
FY 2016 CONSTRUCTION BID FORM
REQUIRED FOR ALL BIDS
FIRM NAME: __
JOB/PROJECT: 41119 Wlidlife Rd Demo & Replace
TOTAL LUMP SUM PRICE
(Written Value) (Dollar Amount)
ALTERNATE #1: (Unit Costs: Extra Block, Extra Fill Placed)
500 Extra Blocks @ /per block = $____; 300 cu yards Fill @ __/per cu yd = $___
ALTERNATE #2: (Lump Sum Cost for Final Grade/ Seeding)
(Written Value) (Dollar Amount)
$____/ per cu yd placed
Acknowledgement of Addendum(s): 1) __ date 2) date 3) date
BID GUARANTEE PERIOD:
I agree to hold this bid open for a period of 90 days after the bid opening. If this bid is accepted I agree to execute a Contract and/or a Purchase Order with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe along with furnishing all required bonding (if required) and insurances.
I understand that this company, its subcontractors and all employees performing work on this project will be expected to comply with all Mille Lacs Band TERO Compliance Regulations. Upon being informed that I will be awarded a contract for this project, I will submit all required TERO Compliance Plans directly to the MLB TERO Office for review and approval.
Acknowledgement of TERO Compliance: _____
ATTACHMENTS REQUIRED: Failure to provide any of these attachments will result in bid disqualification.
o MLB BID FORM (MUST BE SIGNED)
o MLBO VENDOR LICENSE
o COPY OF CURRENT INSURANCES
o LETTER FROM BONDING SURETY (REQUIRED)
o CURRENT MINNESOTA CONTRACTOR’S LICENSE
o SUB-CONTRACTOR LISTS (Include values)
FIRM NAME: ____TELEPHONE:_____
EMAIL ADDRESS: ____