Administrative Assistant, NASS (2 Positions)
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing confidential and critical administrative and secretarial support to the NASS Principal.
• High school diploma or GED certificate and one year of proven post-secondary education with two (2) or more years of secretarial experience required.
• Knowledge of the Mille Lacs Band government, accounting and Office of Management and Budgeting procedures.
• Strong personal office computer and technology skills to include a Google and a Windows environment; Excel/Sheets, PowerPoint/Slides, and Word/Docs. Ability to schedule and participate in virtual meetings, use the school website, social media, and QuickBooks software.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent attention to detail and follow through.
• Basic understanding of bookkeeping practices, electronic data management and record keeping.
• Familiarity with and ability to operate various office equipment; fax machines, dictation equipment, photo copying machines, etc.
• Exhibit a personality that demonstrates enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to relate with students, staff, administration, parents and the community, including difficult and emotional situations.
• Must have a current valid driver’s license.
• Must be insurable under the Mille Lacs Band Drivers Insurance policy.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
• Must pass a background check.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs general office support responsibilities such as: answering phones in a pleasant and efficient manner, screening calls and taking messages; reviewing, sorting and distributing incoming mail; operating copiers and other office machines.
• Assist with taking and preparing the School Board and other meeting minutes, agendas and supporting documentation.
• Produces, composes and edits correspondence, grant requests, memorandums, bulletins, minutes and other materials.
• Maintains accurate and detailed vendor records for the Education-Administration Department.
• Maintain employee’s files and assists with the Principal’s Administrator’s filing system.
• Pick up/deliver mail to Mille Lacs Band Government Center.
• Sorts mail to proper departments.
• Make announcements and operate the school intercom systems.
• Assists in managing time by preparing meeting materials, agenda, notes and reminders.
• Compiles data and assists in the preparation of parent handbooks, school calendars and grant reports.
• Assists in registering students or new employees and establishes appropriate records and files. Assists in processing transferring student records so that students are properly registered and enrollment records are kept accurate and up to date. Maintaining confidential student and employee records.
• Maintains student attendance, grades, and honor roll data for end–of–the year reports.
• Knowledge of NASIS program for updating student information on a daily basis.
• Prepares weekly payroll spreadsheets.
• Support scheduling substitute staff to ensure adequate coverage for school site; orients substitute personnel and provides keys and pertinent information.
• Handling of access cards and timecards for new and current Nay Ah Shing School employees.
• Enters and tracks purchase orders, check requests and requisitions for the tracking report.
• On occasion, may need to pick up items and/or supplies at vendors’ locations for education programs.
• Coordinates the overall supply and equipment inventory.
• Supervise students sent to the office for disciplinary interventions while they are waiting to meet with behavior staff.
• Maintain office work areas and equipment for the purpose of ensuring a safe, efficient, clean and welcoming working environment.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Nature of work is such that the incumbent experiences infrequent periods of low to moderate stress levels due to workload. Irate or agitated constituents may also be a source of stress.
• Work is exclusively in doors in a controlled climate area.
• Little threat of personal danger or risk.
• Work environment with constant interruptions to routine.
• Hours are typically 7:30-4:30, but possibly with some extra hours. May involve some evening or weekend work.
• Travel is local.
- Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
43408 Oodena Drive
Onamia, MN 56359
- Fax: 320-532-7492
- Email: email@example.com