Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Admissions/Financial Clerk’s role is to financially assist the client in securing funding by assisting clients in applying for insurance coverage, verifying perspective client insurance via calls and/or online, review and discuss with clients costs vs. out of pocket expenses with staff, clients and providers. Responds to payer questions, correct billing codes, and program descriptions are used to ensure proper authorizations for services provided. Maintains client records (ongoing) to ensure correct information is available at time of billing. Check monthly client insurance and coverage to ensure maximum reimbursement. Provide point of contact before/during/after client care for any needed service. Continue ongoing maintenance of client’s accounts. Learn how to and enter Tribal Client Placement Authorizations (CPA’s). Access MN-ITS for treatment service authorization letters.
• Vocational/Technical Training or Associate Degree required; bachelor’s degree a plus.
• One (1) to three (3) years of professional experience providing Admitting or billing experience with third party payers.
• Strong knowledge of computer systems including Microsoft Word and Excel; knowledge of MN-ITS.
• Knowledge of government sponsored programs like Medicare, MA.
• Knowledge of and respect for Mille Lacs Band traditions and customs.
• Ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality with respect to clients to maintain integrity of program.
• Ability to communicate effectively with others.
• Ability to write effectively.
• Must have a current driver’s license;
• Must be insurable under the Mille Lacs Band Insurance policy;
• Must pass a background check;
• Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform insurance verification and analysis
• Obtain pre-certification and/or authorization of admission or services.
• Identify potential coverage issues and works with client, referent, Assessor, insurance company and employer.
• Research to find other programs for payment and/or negotiate with third party payers to provide coverage.
• Maintain current knowledge of payer requirements and general admitting practices.
• Assist self-pay clients with limited coverage in applying for government sponsored programs.
• Investigates and resolves client account inquiries
• Collaborate with others in the development of treatment programs.
• Evaluate treatment progress, develop and help facilitate treatment modifications as appropriate.
• Prepare records and progress summaries for all clients.
• Nature of work is such those incumbent experiences regular periods of moderate stress levels in dealing with client issues.
• Work is primarily in doors in a controlled climate area.
• Hours are typically 8-5, but possibly with some extra hours.
• Local travel is required.
Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, Attn. Employment Coordinator
43408 Oodena Dr., Onamia, MN 56359
Fax # (320)532-7492 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org