Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Band Member Legal Aid Receptionist is responsible for greeting visitors and callers and directing them to the appropriate personnel. This position also provides limited administrative support for the Band Member Legal Aid staff.
• High school diploma or GED certificate; One year of post secondary education preferred.
• One year of experience with handling a multi-line phone.
• One (1) year experience as a receptionist; or six months related experience and training in phone etiquette, customer service or any other administrative training.
• Strong verbal communication skills.
• Familiarity with and ability to operate office equipment, including fax machines, photo copying machines, etc.
• Basic personal computer skills in a Windows environment, including Word applications.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Operates a multi-line telephone console to receive incoming messages.
• Answers phones, obtains caller's name when necessary and take messages.
• Directs caller to destination and records name, time of call, nature of business, and person called upon.
• Opening and closing files criminal files
• Significant filing for both civil and criminal files.
• Pulling files for attorneys.
• Copying, scanning, and distributing to attorneys discovery from files.
• Significant typing of memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents.
• Communicates with jails, courthouses and other entities by fax, scan or phone.
• Opening, sorting and distributing mail.
• Stocking and maintaining (including shredding) supply room and Zerox machine.
• Assisting, facilitating and maintaining a system for Power of Attorney forms.
• Calling clients back for attorneys when asked to relay messages.
• Collects and distributes messages.
• Performs variety of clerical duties, including civil and criminal client intakes.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Nature of work is such that incumbent experiences infrequent periods of moderate to high stress levels due to current workload of visitors and callers. Agitated or distressed callers/visitors may also be a source of stress.
• Work is exclusively indoors in a controlled climate area.
• Little threat of personal danger or risk.
• Hours are typically 8-5, but possibly with some extra hours
• Travel is not required.