Bus Driver DII
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Bus Driver is responsible to drive the bus in accordance with local and state laws and regulations, which include ensuring a safe environment for the children from door-to-door. Will also be responsible for daily cleaning and light classroom maintenance. May assist in classrooms.
• High School diploma or GED required.
• One year of experience as a bus driver or combined education and experience equivalent.
• Must have a clean or good driving record with the ability to be insured under the Band’s auto insurance policy.
• Projects a positive image of service, which represents the area of assignment.
• Complies with the Mille Lacs Band drug and alcohol policy.
• Complies with federal background check policy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Drives the bus on assigned routes, notifying coordinator of any changes during route.
• Follows state and local laws and regulations.
• Completes gas, mileage records and repair requests.
• Performs and documents daily safety checks.
• Maintains schedule while following safety rules.
• Ensures children are dropped off at the requested location only.
• Maintains order on bus.
• Is reliable and on time to ensure routes stay on time.
• Understands and delivers safe student transportation.
• Daily cleaning as assigned.
• Minor maintenance as assigned assuring general maintenance and inventory for equipment and supplies.
• Attend required trainings.
• Assure that the Head Start Performance Standards are met.
• Maintain supportive documentation as appropriate.
• Other duties as assigned.