Community Center Site Receptionist
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Receptionist is responsible for greeting Community Center visitors and callers and directing them to the appropriate personnel. This position also provides limited administrative support for staff.
• High school diploma or GED certificate; One year of post secondary education preferred.
• One (1) year of experience with handling a multi-line phone.
• One (1) year of experience with cash/credit handling.
• One (1) year of experience with Point of Sale systems
• One (1) year experience as a receptionist; or six months related experience and training in phone etiquette, customer service or any other administrative training.
• Three (3) years of experience working in a Native American community.
• Ability to do basic math.
• Strong verbal communication skills.
• Familiarity with and ability to operate office equipment, including fax machines, photo copying machines, etc.
• Basic personal computer skills in a Windows environment, including spreadsheet and Word applications.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Operates a multi-line telephone console to receive incoming messages.
• Answers phones, obtains caller's name when necessary and take messages.
• Directs caller to destination and records name, time of call, nature of business, and person called upon.
• Minimal typing of memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents.
• Collects and distributes messages.
• Distribute incoming mail and delivers outgoing mail to proper individuals.
• Maintain and updates various lists and databases such as a call log, visitor log and other journal entries.
• Ability to maintain a database or spreadsheet.
• Ability to operate retail and reservation software and programs
• Performs variety of clerical duties.
• Responsible for upkeep of Inventory on assigned shift.
• Sells, markets, promotes Membership packages to visitors.
• Sells, markets, promotes Retail and Merchandise to visitors.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Nature of work is such that incumbent experiences infrequent period of moderate to high stress levels due to current workload of visitors and callers. Agitated or distressed callers/visitors may also be a source of stress.
• Work is exclusively in doors in a controlled climate area.
• Little threat of personal danger or risk.
• Hours are typically 8-5, but Community Center Community Center is a 24/7 operation and some late hours and work on weekends will be required.
• Travel is not required.