Community Support Services Administrative Assistant
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Administrative Assistant performs various administrative and secretarial duties in support of the Director of Community Support Services
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Secondary secretarial course work or degree required or 6 - 8 years proven experience as an Administrative Assistant of similar position may be used in lieu of a degree.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
• Past work experience working with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe preferred.
• Past experience submitting departmental agenda items for the Administrative Policy Board and understanding of Mille Lacs Band Procurement preferred.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Strong computer skills, past experience working with word processing and database software. Experience working with publisher and other software used primarily for marketing purposes.
• Maintain accurate reports, including payroll spreadsheets, monthly mileage, etc.
• Understanding of Native American Culture desired.
• Mille Lacs Band Member preference will apply.
• Must have reliable transportation, proof of personal auto insurance, a valid Minnesota driver’s license, and be insurable under the Band’s Auto Insurance Policy.
• Must pass a background check and pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform general office support responsibilities: such as answering phones, screening calls, taking messages, forwarding calls, reply to inquires, reviewing, sorting, and distributing mail, operating copiers and other office machines.
• Compile Information, organize data and produce various reports.
• Produce, compose, edit and distribute correspondence and other materials.
• Maintain and schedule Director appointment calendars
• Make travel, meeting, special events, and social function arrangements
• Establish and maintain a filing system for reports, program information, bills, etc.
• Ensure all vendor accounts are accurate, paid up to date and filed on a weekly basis according to the Office of Management and Budgets Financial Managements Orientation manual.
• Maintain payroll information for the Department of Community Support Services
• Gather and prepare departmental agenda items for the Administrative Policy Board and submit to the Office of the Commissioner of Health & Human Services
• Comply with all safety rules.
• Assist with general office functions for all program within Community Support Services
• Assist with Grants and Budgeting.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Work is generally exclusively in doors in a controlled climate area.
• Nature of work is such that incumbent experiences infrequent periods of modest stress levels due to workload.
• Hours are typically 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
• Local and Non local travel is required.
Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
Human Resources Specialist
43408 Oodena Dr.
Onamia, MN 56359
Fax # (320)532-7492
e-mail to email@example.com