DIII Community Center Site Coordinator
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Community Center Site Coordinator is responsible for greeting, checking in, answering calls, assisting with coordination of room rentals, event set up and limited administration duties. The Community Center Site Coordinator is also responsible for performing and teaching fitness programming and classes for both personal training and group training sessions.
• Two year Associates degree and High school diploma or GED certificate or five (5) years’ experience in hospitality, guest service, event planning, fitness, personal training, administrative duties; or related experience.
• CPR Certified or willing to obtain certification.
• Must have or be willing to attain Fitness Trainer Certifications.
• Skills and experience in creating, implementing, and teaching fitness classes and trainings.
• Ability to provide excellent guest service.
• Ability to handle all cash/credit card transactions for including but not limited to memberships, room rental, golf simulator, and merchandise.
• Ability to maintain accurate records of confidential client information.
• Strong verbal communication skills and knowledge of social media communication.
• Familiarity with and ability to operate various office equipment, including fax machines, photo copying machines, etc.
• Basic personal computer skills in a Windows environment including Excel/Word applications and Gym management software.
• Must be able to work nights and weekends.
• A pleasant attitude toward all clients, staff, and co-workers.
• Must have current valid driver’s license.
• Must be insurable under the Mille Lacs Band Drivers Insurance policy.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
• Background investigation required that shows no theft or fraud above a misdemeanor, no felony drug conviction and no sexual or crimes-against-a-person conviction at any level.
• A staff person with direct contact with or access to children in care must disclose the arrest, conviction, and applicant background information if that staff person:
(a) has a conviction of, has admitted to, has an adjudication of delinquency for, has been charged and is awaiting trial for, or a preponderance of the evidence indicates the person has committed:
- a crime against a child;
- an act of physical or sexual abuse;
- a felony;
- the same or similar crimes as those in this subsection listed in the laws of another state or of the United States or of any Tribal law;
(b) has a conviction of, has admitted to, has an adjudication of delinquency for, has been charged and is awaiting trial for, or a preponderance of the evidence indicates the person has committed any misdemeanor offense under Federal, State, or Tribal law involving crimes of violence; sexual assault, molestation, exploitation, contact or prostitution; crimes against persons; or offenses committed against children. The Licensing Committee may evaluate the nature and time of a misdemeanor assault charge as well as other types of misdemeanor crimes not specified in this section to determine whether employment is appropriate.
8 MLBSA § 1212(a-b).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• May include opening and closing the operations of the community center.
• Maintain and handle confidential information.
• Responsible for Gym management software data collection.
• Obtain and retain Community Center cliental membership.
• Responsible for all monetary transactions.
• Maintain Community Center class, room rental and event schedule with all including the fitness coordinators.
• Provide administrative support to the department.
• Maintain office supplies.
• Creates, implements, and performs Fitness Classes and trainings.
• Answering phones, screening calls and taking messages.
• Review, sort and distribute incoming mail; operating copiers and other office machines.
• Greet visitors and maintain a professional atmosphere.
• Assist Community Center Manager with planning and coordination of events.
• Provide excellent guest service.
• Explain amenities, rules and regulations.
• Enforce rules and safety regulations for the Community center and splash pad.
• Report any suspicious activity.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Hours of Community Center Operations will be 24 Hours a day, 7 days a week. Schedule will vary and include nights, weekends, holiday’s based on business demand and scheduled events.
• Ability to lift and move up to 50lbs.
• Moderate stress
• Outdoors occasionally during the summer months.