Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The teacher is responsible for educating students to be ready to successfully transition to the next educational level. This is accomplished through curriculum designed to follow Minnesota Graduation Standards, as well as incorporating Ojibwe language and culture components.
• Loves young people, can whole-heartedly engage in working with and for them.
• Bachelor’s degree, licensed teacher.
• Willingness to maintain a high level of competence, exercise discreet judgment and honor confidentiality.
• Compliance with Mille Lacs Band drug and alcohol policy.
• Compliance with federal background check.
• Project an image of service and professionalism with a positive attitude.
• Interacts easily as an integral part of the faculty and staff.
• Understanding of the relationship of Nay Ah Shing School to the Mille Lacs community, values and supports the mission of both.
• Experience, familiarity and the ability to work with the diverse constituencies of Nay Ah Shing school.
• Licensed in CPR and First Aid.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plans, organizes and implements a variety of learning experiences to meet stated curriculum objectives and individual student needs.
• Knows and understands grade level curriculum content and assists when necessary in design or revision of that curriculum.
• Knows, understands and uses technology, as appropriate.
• Provides interdisciplinary individual and group experiences for students.
• Works in direct contact with students a minimum of 27 ½ hours per week.
• Fosters in students a positive attitude toward all curriculum areas.
• Helps students become aware of how each subject area surrounds them and enhances their life.
• Creates a healthy, safe, welcoming and comfortable learning environment that supports students’ growth and development.
• Works with students to help them learn and monitors the progress of each student against pre-determined requirements.
• Keep records pertaining to student growth. Prepares student progress reports for interpretation of learning to parents and students.
• Completes on-going student assessments and presents at parent conferences.
• Observes students regularly and makes modifications in individualized plans to ensure success for all students.
• Identifies special needs of students and seeks assistance of specialists to help meet those needs.
• Promotes and maintains appropriate behavior in classroom.
• Enters student attendance daily in NASIS.
• Enters students grades and test scores into NASIS.
• Develops a positive relationship with parents by establishing and maintaining open communication.
• Encourages parents to volunteer.
• Conducts parent meetings and individual parent conferences with all parents two times a year.
• Participates in planning and attends parent activity nights.
• Maintains student educational, health and safety records in accordance with current laws, regulations and grants.
• Maintains the documentation and reporting requirements of the school.
• Direct supervisor of assistant teachers and aides.
• Maintains and improves professional competence by participating in faculty meetings, team meetings as a member and facilitator, in-service training, staff committees and other appropriate professional activities.
Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
43408 Oodena Dr.
Onamia, MN 56359
Fax # (320) 532-7492
e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org