Enrollment Filing Clerk
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Enrollment Filing Clerk is responsible for organizing and archiving records and documents, makes copies of paperwork and distributes as needed, and retrieves data and files for other departments and personnel. The Enrollment Filing clerk will update filing systems and devise new filing and organizational and storage systems for data and documents as needed.
• High school diploma or GED certificate
• Previous clerical experience
• Experience working with file-keeping software or cloud storage
• Two years’ experience with managing database systems required
• Proficient with Microsoft Programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Must have strong personal computer & technological skills
• Must have strong research and critical thinking skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain very high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to read and understand a wide range of materials
• Ability to type at a rate of 50 WPM preferred
• Ability and willingness to develop working knowledge of the Minnesota Chippewa Tribal enrollments procedures
• Ability to deal with confidential data and capable of maintaining accurate records
• Ability to perform administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning, etc.
• Must have experience with and understanding of Ojibwe culture and cultural sensitivity
• Must be insurable under the Mille Lacs Band Drivers Insurance policy.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide assistance to all Enrollment staff to meet program objectives for the Blood Quantum and the Tribal Enrollments Program.
• Uploads digital files and data using a consistent methodology for maintaining files
• Organizes and archives records and documents
• Makes copies of paperwork and distributes as needed
• Retrieves data and files for other departments and personnel
• Uses alphabetical and numerical systems to organize paper and electronic records documents
• Checks paperwork, digital forms, and files, updating or correcting documentation as needed
• Updates filing systems and devises new filing and organizational and storage systems for data and documents as needed
• Creates new files and provides needed information on forms and reports
• Secures and protects the privacy of documents
• Scans paper documents and verifies that scanned documents are clear and legible
• Processes requests for files and data
• Operates office equipment
• Maintain critical and confidential material related to the programs and to Band member issues.
• Must maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Produces Tribal Identification cards for Band members, when needed
• Acts as backup on phones and walk-in visitors
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• Hours are typically 8:00-5:00, may involve some evening or weekend work
• Moderate stress level
• Work is indoors