Foster Care Licensor/Recruiter
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Foster Care Licensor/Recruiter recruits, trains, and makes recommendations for licensure of foster care parents. The Foster Care Licensor/Recruiter assists with the coordination of placement of out of home children involved in the child welfare and juvenile delinquency system.
• Bachelors Degree in Social Work or related field is required.
• Current Minnesota State Social Work license is preferred.
• Previous experience as a social worker with children and families in a public or private social service agency is preferred.
• One (1) year of prior experience working with children and families is required.
• Ability to manage time effectively.
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing or orally.
• Knowledge of the Indian Child Welfare Act and the Minnesota Family Preservation Act.
• Knowledge and experience working with Native American communities, culture, customs and cultural law.
• Must have a current valid driver’s license
• Must be insurable under the Mille Lacs Band Drivers Insurance policy.
• Must pass a background check.
• Must pass a Pre-employment drug & alcohol test.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The Foster Care Licensor/Recruiter recruits Native American Foster Homes and ensures that such homes are licensed or meet standards of the Band.
• The Foster Care Licensor/Recruiter conducts monthly recruitment activities in various manners and locations.
• The Foster Care Licensor/Recruiter takes applications from prospective foster parents, conducts background checks, home studies, homes safety checks and other appropriate paperwork for completion of file maintenance.
• The Foster Care Licensor/Recruiter assists with training of foster parents as appropriate.
• The Foster Care Licensor/Recruiter assists with monitoring of homes, parents and children in the foster homes to ensure that standards are continually meet.
• The Foster Care Licensor/Recruiter provides or secures support and crisis/emergency services for the youth/family.
• The Foster Care Licensor/Recruiter works with public agencies to improve permanency planning for children in foster care.
• The Foster Care Licensor/Recruiter maintains files and documentation on foster homes.
• The Foster Care Licensor/Recruiter maintains other records, logs, etc and provides to management.
• Foster Care Licensor/Recruiter creates a goal and action plan with foster care providers.
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
• Nature of work is such those incumbent experiences regular periods of moderate to high stress levels. Primary sources of stress deals with client issues and workload.
• Work is exclusively in doors in a controlled climate area.
• Moderate threat of personal danger or risk.
• Hours vary and are based off of client’s needs; with occasional work on holidays and weekends. Will be on a 24x7 "on call' system covering emergency situations.
• Local travel is required, limited travel outside the state is also required.
Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
43408 Oodena Dr.
Onamia, MN 56359
Fax # (320) 532-7492
e-mail to email@example.com