Foster Care Licensor/Recruiter
Position Title: Foster Care Licensor/Recruiter
Location: Family Services/HHS
Reports to: Foster Care Supervisor
Grade Level: E7
Opening Date: February 6, 2024
Closing Date: February 21, 2024
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Foster Care Licensor/Recruiter recruits, trains, and makes recommendations for licensure of foster care parents. The Foster Care Licensor/Recruiter assists with the coordination of placement of out of home children involved in the child welfare and juvenile delinquency system.
- Bachelors Degree in Social Work or related field is required.
- Current Minnesota State Social Work license is preferred.
- Previous experience as a social worker with children and families in a public or private social service agency is preferred.
- One (1) year of prior experience working with children and families is required.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing or orally.
- Knowledge of the Indian Child Welfare Act and the Minnesota Family Preservation Act.
- Knowledge and experience working with Native American communities, culture, customs and cultural law.
- Must have a current valid driver’s license
- Must be insurable under the Mille Lacs Band Drivers Insurance policy.
- Must pass a background check.
- Must pass a Pre-employment drug & alcohol test.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Foster Care Licensor/Recruiter recruits Native American Foster Homes and ensures that such homes are licensed or meet standards of the Band.
- The Foster Care Licensor/Recruiter conducts monthly recruitment activities in various manners and locations.
- The Foster Care Licensor/Recruiter takes applications from prospective foster parents, conducts background checks, home studies, homes safety checks and other appropriate paperwork for completion of file maintenance.
- The Foster Care Licensor/Recruiter assists with training of foster parents as appropriate.
- The Foster Care Licensor/Recruiter assists with monitoring of homes, parents and children in the foster homes to ensure that standards are continually meet.
- The Foster Care Licensor/Recruiter provides or secures support and crisis/emergency services for the youth/family.
- The Foster Care Licensor/Recruiter works with public agencies to improve permanency planning for children in foster care.
- The Foster Care Licensor/Recruiter maintains files and documentation on foster homes.
- The Foster Care Licensor/Recruiter maintains other records, logs, etc and provides to management.
- Foster Care Licensor/Recruiter creates a goal and action plan with foster care providers.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Nature of work is such those incumbent experiences regular periods of moderate to high stress levels. Primary sources of stress deals with client issues and workload.
Work is exclusively in doors in a controlled climate area.
Moderate threat of personal danger or risk.
Hours vary and are based off of client’s needs; with occasional work on holidays and weekends. Will be on a 24x7 "on call' system covering emergency situations.
Local travel is required, limited travel outside the state is also required.
Work from home may be permissible with a signed telework agreement.
Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
43408 Oodena Dr.
Onamia, MN 56359
Fax # (320) 532-7492
e-mail to email@example.com