NASS Shift Custodian
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Custodian is responsible for the day or night shift cleaning, light mechanical repairs and maintenance at the Nay Ah Shing School in accordance with local and state laws and regulations. The incumbent should on a daily basis ensure that a safe environment is available for the children and staff in the school buildings and on the school grounds.
• High School diploma or GED preferred or must obtain diploma or GED within one year of hire required.
• One (1) years of general maintenance, custodial and repair experience is required
• Knowledge of building and equipment maintenance/repair techniques.
• Able to lift and move heavy objects and equipment, minimum of 75 pounds.
• Skill in applying building and equipment maintenance/repair techniques.
• Reliable, punctual and dependable to work as scheduled.
• Compliance with the Mille Lacs Band Drug & Alcohol policy
• Compliance with federal background check.
• Must have current valid driver’s license. (Or must obtain within one year)
• Must be insurable under the Mille Lacs Band Drivers Insurance policy.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
• A staff person with direct contact with or access to children in care must disclose the arrest, conviction, and applicant background information if that staff person:
(a) has a conviction of, has admitted to, has an adjudication of delinquency for, has been charged and is awaiting trial for, or a preponderance of the evidence indicates the person has committed:
- a crime against a child;
- an act of physical or sexual abuse;
- a felony;
- the same or similar crimes as those in this subsection listed in the laws of another state or of the United States or of any Tribal law;
(b) has a conviction of, has admitted to, has an adjudication of delinquency for, has been charged and is awaiting trial for, or a preponderance of the evidence indicates the person has committed any misdemeanor offense under Federal, State, or Tribal law involving crimes of violence; sexual assault, molestation, exploitation, contact or prostitution; crimes against persons; or offenses committed against children. The Licensing Committee may evaluate the nature and time of a misdemeanor assault charge as well as other types of misdemeanor crimes not specified in this section to determine whether employment is appropriate.
8 MLBSA § 1212(a-b)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Cleans the building and arranges classrooms as assigned by schedule.
• Maintains the grounds as assigned by the schedule.
• Insures facilities are ready for the next day.
• Meet with shift custodians to identify problems or situations to share with the shift crew.
• Complete work orders in a timely manner
• Make work assignments to night shift as needed and as a team.
• Maintain custodial supplies for shift and notifies supervisor if low on supplies.
• Performs periodic custodial inspection of both buildings.
• Identifies and reports needed repair and problems to Operations and Maintenance Coordinator in writing for prioritization and repair scheduling.
• Meet, greet, direct and/or assist visiting vendors.
• Maintains schedule while following safety rules for children.
• Prepares building and grounds for school and community events, as assigned.
• Work with students as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned
• Work exposes incumbent to conditions such as fumes, noxious odors, dusts, mists, gases, and poor ventilation.
• Work exposes incumbent to possible bodily injury from moving mechanical parts of equipment, tools, or machinery.
• Work exposes incumbent to hazardous chemicals.
• Work is performed for sustained periods outdoors and occasionally in hot, cold, or inclement weather.
• Work requires use of protective devices such as masks, goggles, or gloves.
• Hours are afternoon hours (10 am-6 pm), but possibly with some extra hours.
• Local travel is required, travel outside the state is very limited.