Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Pharmacy Manager performs semi-routine pharmaceutical work, including the preparation and dispensing of pharmaceuticals, reviewing medication regimens, requisition of pharmacy supplies and maintains accurate narcotic records. The Pharmacy Manager also oversees and supervises all pharmacy staff.
• Graduate from an accredited college or university program in Pharmacy with B.S. in Pharmacy or PharmD is required
• Minimum of 3 years prior experience in pharmacy work is required; Pharmacy management preferred with experience in budgets, staff supervision, inventory control, and 340B management
• Current state pharmacist licensure by the State of Minnesota
• Knowledge of pharmacology principles and procedures; including laws and regulations pertaining to the receipt, storage and dispensing of drugs.
• Working knowledge of computerized pharmacy and billing systems.
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with others.
• Ability to prepare and dispense pharmaceuticals, evaluate drug therapies and maintain records.
• MTM certification preferred.
• Any other necessary requirements. (Must have current valid driver’s license, insurable under the Mille Lacs Band Drivers Insurance policy, pass a background check, and pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Dispense drugs and pharmaceuticals accurately and to provider specifications.
• Educate patients in the proper use of their prescriptions.
• Advise medical staff regarding drug uses, effectiveness, side effects, interactions and known allergies of patients.
• Advise providers regarding formulary information and acceptable alternatives for compliance with formulary, including cost effectiveness.
• Maintain patient profiles and monitor drug therapies for contraindications, interactions, allergies and appropriateness.
• Perform prescription processing and, as necessary re-supply Telepharmacy for providers in districts 2 & 3.
• Establish and monitor system for stocking over the counter medications.
• Maintain inventory and records of pharmacy medications and supplies.
• Maintain and utilize returns good policy for expired medications.
• Prepare reports of drug usage, purchases, inventory for clinic management as requested.
• Maintains pharmaceutical purchase informational database.
• Serve on clinic committees as required, including infection control and quality assurance.
• Comply with all federal and clinic policies.
• Act as pharmacy informatics in drug file optimization for EHR, including, although not limited to additions, deletions, quick orders, drug allergy, adverse events and annual erx optimization.
• Nature of work is such that incumbent experiances infrequent periods od moderate to high stress while dealing with patients. Workload may also be a source of stress
• Work is exclusively indoors in a controlled climate area.
• Little threat of personal danger or risk.
• Hours are typically 8-5, but possibly with some extra hours
• Minimum travel may be required.
Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
Human Resources Specialist
43408 Oodena Dr.
Onamia, MN 56359
Fax # (320)532-7492
e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org