Registered Nurse HHS (Clinic)
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
This position is responsible for the coordination and delivery of care for patients/clients in the respective assigned department of Health Services. The RN will work collaboratively as an active member of the interdisciplinary HHS team to provide patient/client/family and family centered care.
• Associate’s Degree in nursing and current Minnesota RN licensure required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Demonstrated understanding of the Minnesota Nurse Practice Act and the Scope of Practice relative to RN licensure.
• Three to five (3 – 5) years of experience preferred.
• Experience in working across departments and divisions to provide a continuum of care for patients/clients/families strongly preferred.
• BLS certification required (training provided).
• Demonstrated ability to conduct assessments, develop and implement plan care completing evaluation of interventions. Must be able to work in collaboration with the clinical team to adjust the plan of care accordingly.
• Demonstrated skill with telehealth technology.
• Demonstrated ability to accurately document care in accordance with policy guidance for completion of documentation.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver staff and team education.
• Must possess initiative and ability to work independently or in a team, and delegate appropriately consideration level of licensure.
• Capable of maintaining strict confidentiality of patient information.
• Knowledge of professional scope of practice and clinical standards supporting RN practice.
• Knowledge and understanding of health promotion and disease prevention.
• Knowledge of HHS policies, procedures and MLB statutes.
• Knowledge of Federal, state, and local resources available to patients/clients/families.
• Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to effectively plan, direct and coordinate clinical services/programs keeping in the forefront the needs of the community.
• Experience in and sensitivity to Native American culture.
• Must have a current valid driver’s license.
• Must have reliable personal transportation and proof of current insurance coverage.
• Must be insurable under the Mille Lacs Band Drivers Insurance policy.
• Must pass a background check.
• Must pass a Pre-employment drug & alcohol test.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Triage patient/clients.
• Works with assigned clinicians to provide clinical support.
• Assists in patient/client care coordination and referral management.
• Provides direct patient care.
• Observes all policies and procedures, infection control principles, sharps exposure and disposal, safety, etc.
• Participates in staff training.
• Assists and supports supply chain management through inventory and storage of medications, sterile, and non-sterile supplies. Expired stock will be disposed of in accordance with OSHA and internal policies.
• Disposes, sanitizes and stores instruments in accordance with policy.
• Provides input to policies and procedures.
• Participate on committees as assigned.
In the Medication Assisted Treatment for substance disorder programs
· Coordinate the medical/therapeutic care of patients/clients with active substance use disorders.
· Provide patient/client advocacy and education to ensure patient/client understands and is actively participating in his/her care.
· Patient/client assessment inclusive of the Clinical Opiate Withdrawal Scale.
· Initiate induction and management of medication assisted treatment under the clinician direction.
· In collaboration with the clinical and therapeutic teams performs triage, inductions, care management, stabilization and education of patients/clients in the MAT program.
· Follow State and Federal guidelines in providing care to opioid dependent patients in collaboration with licensed, prescribing physicians and pharmacy.
· Attend and participate in MAT and other meetings as directed. If absent, responsible for reading minutes of meetings and signing the documentation.
· In collaboration with the HHS team will manages MAT patient/client referrals.
In Home Care and Maternal Child Health Home Visiting Programs:
• Demonstrate full understanding and acknowledgement of the Minnesota Comprehensive Home Care License and the policies and procedures relative to it.
• Work collaborative with the clinical team to support referrals for needed care and will work with home care client and pharmacy to set up medication delivery- home care staff will not deliver medications or remove medications however will provide education and assist home care clients in establishing medication delivery and disposal.
• Provide skilled nursing home visits to include assessments, monitoring of health status, and care coordination.
• Provides supervision and oversight to LPNs, Home Health Aides and Homemakers.
• Completes recertification paperwork for homecare clients.
• Provide patient/client clinical counsel and education.
• Work with inter-disciplinary team to make referrals and provide care coordination.
• Provide maternal – health services; instruct new mothers in nutrition and parenting. WICC program will be managed by assigned staff, it will not be a function of home care nursing.
· Work exposes employee to biohazard, chemical hazard, and other hazards. Proper protective procedures and equipment must be utilized to minimize the associated risks.
· Work exposes employee to hazardous chemicals.
· Work is performed indoors in a controlled climate area.
· Nature of work is such that the employee experiences infrequent periods of moderate to high stress levels.
· Hours are typically 8:00-5:00; may require extra hours and week-end call.
• Local travel may be required. For RNs working in home care travel may involve the hazards of traveling in untoward conditions.
- Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
43408 Oodena Dr.
Onamia, MN 56359
- Fax: (320) 532-7492
- Email: email@example.com