Surveillance Agent Mille Lacs
JOB TITLE: Surveillance Agent
LOCATION: Grand Casino Mille Lacs
SALARY: N9 (starts at $15.15 per hour)
SUPERVISOR: Shift Supervisor
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
• High School Diploma or GED required.
o Associates Degree or higher required and 1 year of experience in gaming regulations or a gaming area of casino operations preferred; or
o 1 year of post-secondary education required and 3 years of experience in gaming regulations or a gaming area of casino operations preferred.
• GRA experience preferred.
• Must be able to pass pre-employment surveillance testing, which includes math, observation, computer and written communication skills.
• Must possess excellent observational and communication skills.
• Must be able to detect any schemes or cheating activity aimed at the company or its Customers.
• Knowledge of and a minimum of six (6) months experience with closed circuit television equipment preferred.
• Ability to comprehend and analyze technical information and regulations and apply this information to current regulatory practices.
• Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills required.
• Strong personal computer skills in a windows environment, including spreadsheet and word applications required.
• Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Ability to understand and follow directions.
• Employees must be of high moral character.
Mille Lacs Band Member/Native American preference applies
• Monitors all areas of the property at all times, identifying potential security and/or safety risks and reporting same to the appropriate individual or entity, for proper resolution.
• Utilizes necessary equipment, to identify, record, document and report illegal, suspicious or unusual activities occurring on property.
• Strives to gain a working knowledge of all the procedures and ensures strict adherence to same throughout the property.
• Protects company assets and gaming integrity, through the consistent, thorough monitoring of all activities on property.
• Supports the Mille Lacs Band, with regard to protection of assets in all departments.
• Develops skills through review, testing and self-study.
• Facilitates the flow of information throughout the department, by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings and staying on top of communications.
• Held accountable for accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
• Make internal suggestions and recommendations, as appropriate, with regard to possible changes in the policies and procedures of other departments, with the protection of company assets in mind.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Travel between properties may occur.
• Must be able to obtain a Mille Lacs Band Class A gaming license.
• Must be able to pass a company pre-employment drug and alcohol test and be able to maintain the drug and alcohol policy while employed.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Submit resume and cover letter to:
Gaming Regulatory Authority
Attn: Joleen Vreeman