Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Transportation Specialist provides transportation for Band members to maintain health and wellness related appointments.
• Minimum of high school diploma or GED is required.
• Knowledge of Band and other local health and social service resources.
• Ability to work and communicate sensitively, confidentially, and effectively with patients, families, public agencies and co-workers.
• Ability to read and write to maintain logs and prepare monthly reports.
• Good communication skills.
• Experience in and sensitivity to Native American Culture.
• Must have current driver’s license
• Must be insurability under the Band’s Auto Insurance Policy.
• Must pass a background check and urine drug screen
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Tasks are generally well defined, with limited need for making decisions. Established guidelines, practices, and procedures generally define the alternative solutions. Acts within the scope of normal responsibilities and performs under limited direct supervision.
Typical decisions and problems include:
• When to contact supervisor for additional support or direction.
• When to communicate if appointments delayed or changed.
• Transport Band members to scheduled health and wellness appointments
• Maintain a record of activity and report this information as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Information exchange is typically an exchange of factual information, there is some risk of misunderstanding or misinterpretation.
• Must maintain strict confidentiality of all staff and patient information.
• Nature of work is such that incumbent experiences infrequent periods of moderate stress while dealing with clients, family members, and others.
• Work is primarily transporting to local health and wellness appointments
• Hours are flexible as needed.
Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
43408 Oodena Dr.
Onamia, MN 56359
Fax # (320) 532-7492
e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org