Transportation Specialist DIII
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The SUD program the Transportation Specialist provides transportation to Band members associated with Substance Use Disorders and serves as a liaison between service providers and Band members. In the clinic setting the Transportation Specialist will provide transportation to Band members needing transportation to clinical appointments.
• Minimum of high school diploma or GED is required.
• Knowledge of Band and other local health and social service resources.
• Ability to work and communicate sensitively, confidentially, and effectively with patients, families, public agencies and co-workers.
• Ability to read and write to maintain logs and prepare monthly reports.
• Good communication skills.
• Experience in and sensitivity to Native American Culture.
• Must have current driver’s license, reliable personal transportation, proof of current insurance coverage, and insurability under the Band’s Auto Insurance Policy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Make referrals to health and social service providers as necessary, should any client mandated reports be made.
• Provide transportation to Cultural Gatherings and Ceremonies, Sobriety Court, sober activities and sober support meetings as needed.
• Provide transportation to clinical appointments.
• Maintain a record of activity and report this information as required for reimbursement.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Nature of work is such that incumbent experiences infrequent periods of moderate stress while dealing with clients, family members, and others.
• Work is primarily transporting.
• Little threat of personal danger or risk other than that associated with travel.
• Hours are flexible as needed.
• Local travel is required.