Water & Waste Water Technician (DII)
Position Title: Water & Waste Water Technician DII
Location: Community Development
Reports to: Water/Wastewater Supervisor
Grade Level: Market
Opening Date: March 13, 2023
Closing Date: Until Filled
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
Assist with the maintenance of the Band’s water and sewer systems.
• High school graduate or GED.
• Two (2) years experience in a water or wastewater plant at the maintenance worker level.
• Must have Class B driver’s license with tanker and air brake endorsement.
• Excellent mechanical and process operating and troubleshooting skills.
• Must obtain a valid Type I, Class D Waterworks Operator Certificate or Type II, Class D Wastewater Operator Certificate within 2 years of appointment.
• Ability to climb water tower to inspect obstruction lights and repair or replace as needed per FAA and Band regulations.
• Able to hook up and run high voltage emergency generation unit in case of power outage to maintain water and sewer services to Band members.
• Ability to repair equipment in use for the delivery of water and transportation of waste water to and from Band member residences and businesses including lift station pumps, water meters and connections, fire hydrants, valves, and water pumping equipment.
• Ability to assist and substitute for Solid Waste drivers and Roads department staff as needed.
• Knowledge of confined space entry requirements and paperwork.
• Ability to weld and use cutting torch for minor repairs on equipment.
• Ability to use and interpret test equipment including fluke, multimeter flow gauges.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints, construction drawings, and as-builts.
• Ability to operate and maintain jetting type equipment.
• Ability to repair chlorine and sulfur dioxide cylinders using emergency repair kit “B”.
• Ability to operate boat and motor for sampling and application of chemicals to pond system.
• Ability to operate high capacity dewatering equipment.
• Ability to operate metrotech line locator or equivalent to locate utilities in cooperation with the gopher one call system.
• Ability to operate computer with Windows-based programs (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.)
• Ability to solder copper pipes.
• Ability to calibrate lift stations and interpret results to EPA.
• Experience with maintenance and inspection of wastewater collection systems.
• Ability to operate chainsaws and other equipment involved in clearing brush and trees.
• Must be insurable under the Mille Lacs Band Drivers Insurance policy.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assists in the operation of all equipment, machines and technical testing devices used in the purification and filtration of water, treatment of wastewater, including, but not limited to reading small test, diagrams, gages on electrical control boards, motor pumps, meters, boilers, heaters, and sludge processing units.
• Performs daily inspection of water treatment and wastewater treatment plants.
• On Call Duty will be required which includes weekends, Holidays and nights.
• Notes any malfunctioning equipment and makes adjustments as needed.
• Refers maintenance problems to supervisor.
• Starts and stops pumps, regulates valves, observes flow dials, and reads gauges in order to assure proper operation of the system.
• Collects samples of the processing stream at various stages through the plant(s) for laboratory testing and analysis, reports results to others.
• Adds chemicals according to prescribed standards for proper treatment of the water/wastewater being processed.
• Maintains and lubricates equipment.
• Performs mechanical maintenance of plant equipment.
• Assists in park and roadway maintenance operations.
• Plows roads and driveways as necessary.
• Assists in the burials of Mille Lacs Band members including meeting with family to locate site and preparing site (e.g., digging, building, and installing vault and completing interment).
• Operates backhoe and other heavy equipment
• Other duties as assigned.
• Work exposes incumbent to conditions such as fumes, noxious odors, dusts, mists, gases, and poor ventilation.
• Work exposes incumbent to possible bodily injury from moving mechanical parts of equipment, tools, or machinery.
• Work exposes incumbent to hazardous chemicals.
• Work is performed for sustained periods outdoors and occasionally in hot, cold, or inclement weather.
• Work requires use of protective devices such as masks, goggles, or gloves.
• Must be able to work a variable schedule.
• Local travel and travel to all Districts is required.
Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
43408 Oodena Dr.
Onamia, MN 56359
Fax # (320) 532-7492
e-mail to email@example.com
- Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
43408 Oodena Drive
Onamia, MN 56359
- Fax: 320-532-7492
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org