WEX Case Coordinator
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The WEX Case Coordinator will be responsible for identifying, developing and coordinating job placement opportunities for AanjiBimaadizing participants and for providing participant coaching associated with improving the work readiness and job success of their assigned participants.
• Associate’s degree required.
• Minimum of one (1) year of experience in employment or other human services required.
• Two (2) years of work experience in a Native American community required with an understanding of Native American culture, values, traditions and needs. Must have an understanding of cultural issues relating to self-sufficiency, welfare dependency and employment.
• Skills in job counseling, motivational techniques and personnel problem solving.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills required.
• Ability to write effectively to prepare assessments, evaluations and reports.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Systems.
• Must have current valid driver’s license.
• Must have reliable personal transportation, proof of current insurance coverage, and be insurable under the Mille Lacs Band Drivers Insurance policy.
• Must pass a background check.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Actively builds and supports relationships with MLB Departments, local businesses, state and federal agencies to ensure maximum job opportunities for AanjiBimaadizing participants.
• Facilitates the recruitment, placement, and training of participants in job placement services.
• Develops and execute work experience (WEX) contracts and agreements to ensure participants receive fair treatment and equal opportunity to develop as workers and that employers are well served by AanjiBimaadizing.
• Monitor working environment of AanjiBimaadizing participants to ensure compliance with Federal and State safety and work rules and regulations.
• Develop and maintain a compilation of information regarding employment opportunities within Band operations and local employers.
• Ensures that all placement activities and case plans comply with AanjiBimaadizing Policies and Procedures.
• Prepares and manages job placement services data and case documentation.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Nature of work may include periods of moderate stress levels. Primary sources of stress deal with case management and collaborative issues.
• Work is primarily indoors in a controlled climate area though some worksites will require either indoor or outdoor visits.
• Little threat of personal danger or risk.
• Hours are typically 8-5. Some later hours may be necessary to meet participant or employer schedules.
• Local travel is required.
Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
43408 Oodena Dr.
Onamia, MN 56359
Fax # (320) 532-7492
e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org