12927 Twilight Rd Septic Installation
The Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, Community Development office will be accepting sealed lump sum bids for the installation of a new on-site septic system for the home located at 12927 Twilight Rd, Onamia. Bids will be due Wednesday October 20, 2021 at 3:00 PM. Bids received will be opened and qualified by the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe on Thursday October 21, 2021 at 10:00 AM.
There will not be a mandatory pre-bid site visit. However, contractors are encouraged to look at the site. Any contractor submitting a bid, must contact Carla Dunkley prior to submittal to ensure that a pre-bid addendum has not been issued.
- It is the Contractors responsibility to identify any and all discrepancies in the scope of work, not meeting Industry Standards or that which is inconsistent with the MN Chapter 7080 and Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe 2016 MLB Project Specification Book.
- All electrical wiring, apparatus and equipment for electric light, heat and power, technology circuits or systems shall comply with the rules of the Department of Commerce or the Department of Labor and Industry, as applicable, and be installed in conformity with accepted standards of construction for safety to life and property.
- Contractor must reconnect all utilities, service panel or service feed.
- Contractor will secure all permits and fees.
- Contractor is responsible for a thorough investigation of the scope of work.
- Contractor will repair any damage to the property or structure created by the scope of work.
- Contractor shall be responsible for all debris removal related to all work performed under this work scope.
- NO WORK SHALL BE PERFORMED UNTIL ALL REQUIRED PERMITS HAVE BEEN ISSUED AND COPIES IN THE POSSESSION OF THE PROJECT COORDINATOR AND /OR MILLE LACS BAND BUILDING OFFICIAL.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT WILL, TO THE GREATEST EXTENT FEASIBLE, GIVE PREFERENCE IN THE AWARD OF CONTRACT TO INDIAN ORGANIZATIONS AND INDIAN-OWNED ECONOMIC ENTERPRISES.
Work Scope Description: Please note that bids will only be accepted from licensed septic installers performing 34% or more of the work scope themselves. Bids will not be accepted from general contractors.
2016 MLB Spec Book, MN Chapter 7080 and Approved Septic Design by Environmental Systems Dated 5/7/2021.
Contractor shall provide all equipment, materials and labor to complete the work described or referenced in this rfp and within the provided Environmental Systems design.
- Install an on-site septic system per the approved septic design provided by Environmental Systems dated 5/7/2021. Contractor shall ensure a complete and functional system.
- The contractor shall have the existing septic tanks pumped and crushed or filled. Contractor shall assume tanks holds up to 3,000 gallons combined. Please note that the elevation drop behind the house leaves limited space for maneuvering equipment. Contractor shall complete tank abandonment form and submit a copy to the Project Coordinator.
- The Mille Lacs Band will not be moving, repairing or reconstructing the front porch to the home located at 12927 Twilight Rd. As such, contractor must carefully dig to find the existing line. Any damage to property shall be at the contractor’s expense.
- Contractor shall construct a swale around the mound which will adequately divert runoff from the bank located at the right property line and the hill located at the rear of the property. Said swale shall ensure that water does not pond around the toe of the mound.
- Contractor shall be responsible for all required permitting and inspections through the Mille Lacs County. Contractor shall submit to the Owner copies of the permit and inspections. Please note that components of the system will be located on the neighboring lot addressed as 12931 Twilight Rd. The Mille Lacs Band owns both lots and will provide the contractor with a copy of the recorded easement to submit along with their septic permit application to Mille Lacs County.
- Contractor shall also be responsible contacting Project Coordinator, Carla Dunkley, to schedule project site visits to see scratch, tanks and rock bed before covering.
- Contractor shall provide an As-Built System drawing for submission to MLBO and permitting authority.
- Contractor will not receive final payment until Mille Lacs County has completed a successful final inspection an issued a Certificate of Compliance; and Owner has been supplied with full lien waivers for all subcontractors and suppliers.
- Contractor is responsible for cutting vegetation and tree removal as required to install the system in accordance to MN Chapter 7080.
- Contractor shall follow proper MN Chapter 7080 mound prep procedure, keeping traffic off the designated mound area. Contractor shall be responsible for the cost of any: compaction testing; re-design fees; or additional costs associated with system redesign or relocation; if these expenses are incurred due to contractor or subcontractor damaging the mound location.
- Contractor shall provide and install alarm and event counter per design.
- Contractor shall be responsible for electrical connections and any required trenching.
- Contractor will be responsible for all yard repairs caused by system installation, including grading, black dirt cover and seeding.
- Contractor is responsible for calling Gopher One before digging.
- For bids totaling $25,000 or more, .5% TERO tax fee shall be included in the base bid and paid to the TERO office prior to receipt of final contract payment.
- All work must be completed by September 30, 2022.
Specified Product Substitutions: No substitutions will not be allowed on products specified within the design.
Interested bidders shall contact Carla Dunkley, Project Management Compliance Officer at 320-630-2495 or by E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to be included on the bidder’s list in the event that any addendums are issued for this project.
- The Contractor shall be capable of mobilizing his equipment and crews within seven days of the receipt of Notice to Proceed.
- Contractor shall provide means and methods for all building phases of construction.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT/PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL BIDS FOR ANY REASON.
- Submit proposal in lump sum (supply and install), not to exceed amount
- All Contractors (including subcontractors) must comply with Davis Bacon wage requirements.
- All Contractors must provide the following along with their bid submittal:
a. Completed and signed MLB Community Development Construction Bid Form
b. A copy of Current MLB Vendor’s License (or a copy of the submitted application)
c. A copy of Current Insurance Certificate
d. A copy of Subcontractor/Material Supplier list
e. A copy of valid State of Minnesota Installer’s License
f. A copy of Authorized Signature Sheet (submitted with first bid submittal)
- All Contractors must comply with all Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe American Indian Employment requirements (see 18 MLBSA § 5). Contact Lori Trail at (320) 532-4778.
All proposals MUST be mailed and labeled as follows:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
Commissioner of Community Development
Sealed bid: 12927 Twilight Rd, Onamia Onsite Septic
P.O. Box 509
Onamia, MN 56359
Please note that the bids submitted via mail to the P.O. Box. FedEx and UPS will not deliver to a P.O. Box and the Onamia post office will not accept hand delivered items. Please plan accordingly to ensure the timely receipt of your bid submittal.
**The Band reserves the right to reject any bid that it is unable to collect at the Onamia post office by the bid deadline date and time, provided that the Band has made diligent and reasonable efforts to collect the bid. The Band reserves this right even in the event that the bid has been postmarked before the deadline.
PROPOSALS NOT SUBMITTED IN THIS MANNER WILL BE REJECTED.
- Firms must be licensed with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe. A copy of this license (or the license application) must accompany each bid. Licensing process can take several weeks. If you are not currently licensed with the MLBO, please submit a copy of your license application along with your proposal. Contact Elizabeth Thornbloom at (320) 532-8274 or via email at EThornbloom@grcasinos.com with questions regarding licensing and for the license application.
- Contractors must be MN licensed septic installers.
Permit and Contractor Requirements:
Permits: Contractors are responsible to attain all necessary permits for all work, including Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe (MLBO) Permits.
Bonding Requirements: In accordance with 2016 MLB Project Specification Book.
MLBSA Section 17 Procurement Statue Ordinance 03-06 states the following:
Section 17. Bonding
A. For all Band funded residential construction projects, a performance bond is required for contracts in excess of $50,000.00. The performance bond shall be at a minimum twenty (20%) percent of the contract price, but not in excess of $500,000.00.