40243 Beach Rd, Wahkon On-Site Septic System Replacement
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
43408 Oodena Drive
Onamia, MN 56359
THIS IS NOT A CHANGE ORDER NOR A DIRECTION TO PROCEED WITH THE WORK DESCRIBED HEREIN.
The Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, Community Development office will be accepting sealed lump sum bids for the installation of a new on-site septic system; and abandonment of the existing system at 40243 Beach Rd, Wahkon. Bids will be due Wednesday September 20, 2017 at 3:00 PM. Bids received will be opened and qualified by the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe on Thursday September 21, 2017 at 8:30 AM.
A mandatory pre-bid site visit for this project will be held at 4pm on Thursday, September 7th. Directions to the site: Turn north onto Galloway Rd. Follow Galloway Rd .6 miles. Then turn left onto Beach Rd. Follow Beach Rd to “y”. Then turn left and continue to 40243.
- It is the Contractors responsibility to identify any and all discrepancies in the scope of work, not meeting Industry Standards or that which is inconsistent with the International Building Code (IBC), and Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe 2016 MLB Project Specification Book.
- All electrical wiring, apparatus and equipment for electric light, heat and power, technology circuits or systems shall comply with the rules of the Department of Commerce or the Department of Labor and Industry, as applicable, and be installed in conformity with accepted standards of construction for safety to life and property.
- Contractor must reconnect all utilities, service panel or service feed. Also includes gas, propane. Include such equipment or materials identified in the pre-bid conference.
- Contractor will secure all permits and fees.
- Contractor is responsible for a thorough investigation of the scope of work.
- Contractor will repair any damage to the property or structure created by the scope of work.
- Contractor shall be responsible for all debris removal related to all work performed under this work scope.
- NO WORK SHALL BE PERFORMED UNTIL ALL REQUIRED PERMITS HAVE BEEN ISSUED AND COPIES IN THE POSSESSION OF THE PROJECT COORDINATOR AND /OR MILLE LACS BAND BUILDING OFFICIAL.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT WILL, TO THE GREATEST EXTENT FEASIBLE, GIVE PREFERENCE IN THE AWARD OF CONTRACT TO INDIAN ORGANIZATIONS AND INDIAN-OWNED ECONOMIC ENTERPRISES.
2016 MLB Spec Book, MN Chapter 7080 and Approved Septic Design by Septic Check.
Contractor shall provide all equipment, materials and labor to complete the work described or referenced in this rfp.
- Replace on-site septic system per the approved septic design provided by Septic Check dated 8/7/2017. Contractor shall ensure complete and functional system.
- Contractor will be responsible for having the existing tank and pump tank pumped by a licensed Maintainer; and crushing both. Contractor shall complete a Tank Abandonment Reporting Form, which shall be provided to the MLBO along with copies of the paid pumping invoices. Contractor shall assume both tanks to be 1,500 gallons each.
- Contractor may utilize some of the existing system’s materials for cover of the new system provided said materials are dry. MLB DNR inspector must give approval before any materials can be reused in construction of the new septic system. No rock nor wet materials will be permitted for reuse.
- Contractor shall provide complete removal and off-site disposal of all materials from the old mound, which aren’t approved for reuse. Contractor shall provide black dirt and seeding to restore grade and grass cover for old mound location.
- Contractor shall be responsible for all required permitting and inspections through Mille Lacs County and the MLB DNR. Contractor shall submit to the Owner copies of permits and inspections. Contact Ryan Rupp for information on MLB DNR procedures at (320) 532-7442 or via email at Ryan.Rupp@millelacsband.com
- Contractor shall provide an As-Built System drawing for submission to MLBO and permitting authority.
- Contractor will not receive final payment until a Certificate of Compliance has been received from Mille Lacs County; MLB DNR completes a successful final inspection of the system; and Owner has been supplied with full lien waivers for all subcontractors and suppliers.
- Contractor is responsible for cutting vegetation, brush and trees as required to install the system. Trees 6” in or larger DBH, shall be cut and left on site for MLBO DNR to collect. Branches, and brush shall be chipped on site. Contractor shall follow proper MN Chapter 7080 tree removal procedure, keeping stumps in place and keeping all traffic off the designated mound area. Contractor shall be responsible for the cost of any: compaction testing; re-design fees; or additional costs associated with system redesign or relocation; if these expenses are incurred due to contractor or subcontractor damaging the mound location.
- Contractor shall be responsible for trenching the electric to the new pump tank.
- Contractor shall be responsible for completing the alarm hook-up to the home, including trenching to home and making electrical connection for the alarm.
- Contractor shall provide and install SJE Rhombus AB Duo alarm.
- Contractor will be responsible for all yard repairs caused by trenching and system installation, including grading, black dirt cover and seeding. If system is installed too late in the season to establish full grass cover prior to freeze-up, contractor shall provide full hay cover of all new system components.
- Also, provide and install an event counter along side the pump control box.
- For bids totaling $25,000 or more, .5% TERO tax fee shall be included in the base bid and paid to the TERO office prior to receipt of final contract payment.
Specified Product Substitutions: No substitutions will not be allowed on products specified within the design. Only if the contractor receives written pre-approval from the Designer, Septic Check, can any approved equal product be installed. Contractor will be responsible for cost of design change fee, if applicable for product substitution approval. Said product substitution written pre-approval must be supplied to the Owner and MLB DNR inspector prior to installation.
Interested bidders shall contact Carla Dunkley, Project Management Compliance Officer at 320-532-7429 or by E-mail at email@example.com to be included on the bidder’s list in the event that any addendums are issued for this project.
- The Contractor shall be capable of mobilizing his equipment and crews within seven days of the receipt of Notice to Proceed.
- Contractor shall provide means and methods for all building phases of construction.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT/PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL BIDS FOR ANY REASON.
- Submit proposal in lump sum (supply and install), not to exceed amount
- All Contractors (including subcontractors) must comply with Davis Bacon wage requirements.
- All Contractors must provide the following along with their bid submittal:
a. Completed and signed MLB Community Development Construction Bid Form
b. A copy of Current MLB Vendor’s License (or a copy of the submitted application)
c. A copy of Current Insurance Certificate
d. A copy of Subcontractor/Material Supplier list
e. A copy of valid State of Minnesota Contractor’s License (if applicable)
f. A copy of Authorized Signature Sheet (submitted with first bid submittal)
- All Contractors must comply with all Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe American Indian Employment requirements (see 18 MLBSA § 5). Contact Craig Hansen at (320) 532-4778.
All proposals MUST be mailed and labeled as follows:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
Commissioner of Community Development
Sealed bid: Women’s Shelter Septic Replacement
P.O. Box 509
Onamia, MN 56359
Please note that the bids must be submitted via mail to the P.O. Box. FedEx and UPS will not deliver to a P.O. Box and the Onamia post office will not accept hand delivered items. Please plan accordingly to ensure the timely receipt of your bid submittal.
**The Band reserves the right to reject any bid that it is unable to collect at the Onamia post office by the bid deadline date and time, provided that the Band has made diligent and reasonable efforts to collect the bid. The Band reserves this right even in the event that the bid has been postmarked before the deadline.
PROPOSALS NOT SUBMITTED IN THIS MANNER WILL BE REJECTED.
- Firms must be licensed with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe. A copy of this license (or the license application) must accompany each bid. Licensing process can take several weeks. If you are not currently licensed with the MLBO, please submit a copy of your license application along with your proposal. Contact Jacquelyn Smith at (320) 532-8240 or via email at JSmith@mlcorporateventures.com with questions regarding licensing and for the license application.
- Contractors must be MN licensed septic installers.
Permit and Contractor Requirements:
Permits: Contractors are responsible to attain all necessary permits for all work, including Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe (MLBO) Permits.
Bonding Requirements: In accordance with 2016 MLB Project Specification Book.
MLBSA Section 17 Procurement Statue Ordinance 03-06 states the following:
Section 17. Bonding
A. For all Band funded residential construction projects, a performance bond is required for contracts in excess of $50,000.00. The performance bond shall be at a minimum twenty (20%) percent of the contract price, but not in excess of $500,000.00.