Tribal Enrollments


To be eligible for enrollment into the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, you must have a parent who is an enrolled member of the Band. The individual applying must also possess a 1/4 MCT Blood Quantum. Please print, fill out, and mail the original application to Tribal Enrollments. The application MUST have an original signature and MUST be accompanied by a certified birth certificate of the person trying to enroll. Deadlines for enrollments are the first Friday in December, March, June, and September. Applications must be received by these dates to be processed for the next quarter. If we do not receive them in a timely manner, they will be processed the following quarter. Enrollments are acted on quarterly in January, April, July, and October. Applications can be mailed to Mille Lacs Band Enrollment Office, 43408 Oodena Drive, Onamia, MN 56359.

If you have any questions about any of programs or processes on this page, please email or call the Enrollment Office at:

Jana Sam
Enrollment Manager

Michelle Beaulieu
Blood Quantum Specialist

Samantha Cash
Administrative Assistant to Enrollments


To have your name officially changed on the Band enrollment records, you must fax or mail a copy of your marriage license, divorce decree, or other official court document that certifies the name change to Tribal Enrollments, Mille Lacs Band Government Center, 43408 Oodena Drive, Onamia, MN 56359.


Attention Minors: As you approach your 18th birthday, this would be the best time to contact the Enrollment Office to update your mailing address. There is a Trust Fund Application that needs to be filled out once you have graduated or obtain your General Education Development (GED). Requirements: We need your Original Diploma or Certificate, and you must be at least18 or 19 years of age with High School Diploma or GED. If you do not obtain either of those two requirements, you must wait until you are 20 years of age.

For those that have obtained their High School Diploma or GED, there is also a Scholarship Incentive called the Academic Achievement Award that is separate from the Trust Fund Application. Please do not get confused by filling one out and not the other. These are two separate forms and one does NOT automatically trigger the other, so please contact both Enrollments and Scholarships.


The primary mission of Probate is to compile inventories of Indian Trust assets and family information, and to coordinate the timely distribution of trust assets with the Office of Hearings and Appeals, Land Titles and Records Office, and the Office of Special Trustee.

The Division of Probate gathers information regarding decedent’s family and property and prepares it for adjudication by the Office of Hearings and Appeals (OHA). After OHA issues a probate order, the Division works with other trust offices, such as the Office of the Special Trustee for American Indians and the Land Titles and Records Office to distribute the assets.

Page URI: government/resources1/tribal-enrollments
Page ID: government/resources1/tribal-enrollments
Page UID: tribal-enrollments