Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Accounts Coordinator assists Band members in applying for housing loans and makes, services, and monitors housing loans. The Accounts Coordinator is responsible for receiving and posting payments from Band members on their Community Development related accounts and submitting those payments to OMB.
• Two years of formal post secondary education is required. Bachelors degree preferred.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a financing/credit loan making and servicing is required.
• Knowledge of financing and credit principles.
• Knowledge of federal, Band, and Housing Authority laws, rules, and regulations related to consumer credit.
• Ability to gather and analyze financial data to make credit recommendations.
• Good personal computer skills in a Windows environment, including Excel and Word software.
• Good communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to develop and maintain a reliable and accurate record keeping system.
• Experience in and sensitivity to Native American culture.
• Must have a current valid driver’s license.
• Must be insurable under the Mille Lacs Band Drivers Insurance policy.
• Must have reliable personal transportation.
• Must pass a Pre-employment drug & alcohol test.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist Band members in applying for Housing Authority loans.
• Responsible for all accounts receivable within the department including; home loan payments, home renovation payments, rental payments, public work payments, and emergency loan payments.
• Deposit payments received to OMB and ensure that the correct accounts are credited.
• Advise potential borrowers about the requirements for a Housing Authority loan.
• Provide advice, guidance, and credit counseling to borrowers and potential borrowers.
• Prepare credit applications for consideration by the Housing Authority Board.
• Service and monitor existing loans by following up with borrowers when there is a problem with the loan or when payments are behind.
• Maintain records and files of all loans; report periodically on the status of each loan and the Housing Authorities entire loan portfolio.
• Coordinate closings and documentation for more complicated mortgage loans and/or work out agreements.
• Manage the tax and insurance escrow process including initial disclosure and set up, payment of invoices in a timely manner and balancing of the escrow account monthly with OMB.
• Negotiate with borrowers to collect past due payments and work out payment arrangements satisfactory to the borrower and Band. Document the agreement and update files and accounting as necessary.
• Maintain a working knowledge and advise others on Housing Authority policy and procedure.
• Monitor the inventory and condition of the Housing Authorities loan portfolio.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Nature of work is such that incumbent experiences infrequent periods of modest stress levels due to workload. Irate or agitated constituents may also be a source of stress.
• Little threat of personal danger or risk.
• Hours are typically 8-5, but possibly with some extra hours.
• Local travel to all three districts is required.
Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
Human Resources Specialist
43408 Oodena Dr.
Onamia, MN 56359
Fax # (320)532-7492
e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org