Client Access Specialist
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Client Access Specialist assists in maintaining an environment that ensures optimum communication and processing of the information necessary to support all departments. The Client Access Specialist is responsible for providing exceptional customer service as well as complete preparation of registration forms. This individual greets patients/clients, verifies demographics, and collects and validates insurance information. Other responsibilities includes answering incoming telephone calls, schedule appointments and direct phone calls with moderate supervision.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• One to three years’ experience with medical billing procedures and medical terminology required. Previous Medical experience preferred.
• Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT codes.
• Knowledge or understanding of computer systems.
• Knowledge of Windows and MS Office, RPMS billing software and Electronic Health Record packages.
• Ability to interact with patients, providers, and co-workers exhibiting professionalism, tact, and diplomacy.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
• Knowledge of insurance, payer requirements, prior authorization, and documentation requirements needed for the completion of third party payer billing.
• Working knowledge of medical terminology, billing procedures, accounts receivable and medical insurance preferred.
• Knowledge of HIPAA regulations and the Data Privacy Act of 1974 and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of patient, medical, clinic and Band information.
• Knowledge of and sensitivity to Native American Culture
• Must pass a background check.
• Must pass a Pre-employment drug & alcohol test.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Registers patients for the Health and Human Services departments.
• Interviews patient or guarantor to obtain identifying and biographical information.
• Provides education on health and Human Services regulations to patients/clients.
• Assists with the verification of benefits, prior authorization and the identification of those patients/clients whose health benefits require prior approval and processing.
• Interviews patient to obtain pertinent patient registration information, that is, demographic, insurance information and authorizations.
• Obtains signatures on all required forms
• Collects and obtains photocopies of third party health cards.
• Obtains patient copays and deductibles.
• Provides education to beneficiaries on Medicare/Medicaid and/or Private/Commercial insurance will be billed for the services rendered.
• Assists patients in completing new or updated forms for the RPMS registration system.
• Maintains a working relationship with the Health and Human Services Departments
• Answer incoming telephone calls and answer all questions, forward calls as appropriate.
• Schedules patient appointment based on needs and provider information.
• Determines the eligibility of patient seeking health care, per Health and Human Services Policies.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Nature of work is such that incumbent experiences infrequent periods of moderate stress levels while dealing with patients and payers. Workload may also be a significantly source of stress.
• Work is exclusively indoors in a controlled climate area.
• Little risk of danger or injury in the job.
• Hours are typically 8-5, but possibly some extra hours.