30301 St. Croix Trail, DanBury, Wisconsin Walk-In Tub
The Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, Community Development office will be accepting sealed lump sum bids for Walk-In SHOWER Installation. Bids will be due Wednesday, July 28, 2021 at 3:00 PM. Bids received will be opened and qualified by the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe on Thursday, July 29, 2021 at 10:00 AM.
A mandatory pre-bid site visit will be held: 11:00am (Wednesday), July 14 2021 at 30301 St. Croix Trail, Danbury, Wisconsin.
- It is the Contractors responsibility to identify any and all discrepancies in the scope of work, not meeting Industry Standards or that which is inconsistent with the International Residential Code (IRC), and Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe 2016 MLB Project Specification Book that supersedes previous additions.
- All electrical wiring, apparatus and equipment for electric light, heat and power, technology circuits or systems shall comply with the rules of the Department of Commerce or the Department of Labor and Industry, as applicable, and be installed in conformity with accepted standards of construction for safety to life and property.
- Contractor must reconnect all utilities, service panel or service feed. Also includes gas, propane. Include such equipment or materials identified in the pre-bid conference.
- Contractor will secure all permits and fees.
- Contractor is responsible for a thorough investigation of the scope of work.
- Contractor will repair any damage to the property or structure created by the scope of work.
- Contractor shall be responsible for all debris removal related to all work performed under this work scope.
- NO WORK SHALL BE PERFORMED UNTIL ALL REQUIRED PERMITS HAVE BEEN ISSUED AND COPIES IN THE POSSESSION OF THE PROJECT COORDINATOR AND /OR MILLE LACS BAND BUILDING OFFICIAL.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT WILL, TO THE GREATEST EXTENT FEASIBLE, GIVE PREFERENCE IN THE AWARD OF CONTRACT TO INDIAN ORGANIZATIONS AND INDIAN-OWNED ECONOMIC ENTERPRISES.
- Remove and dispose of existing tub and shower from Main Level of Home, include all removal and proper disposal of old.
- Provide and Install new “Warm Rain” H530A walk in shower with enclosure, (possible source - Goodin Company). The shower is a (Right Drain) Shower Pan with Bench located to the left. Please, include a Custom Curb Built on site to fit. This curb needs to be constructed level with shimmed (2) 2 x 4 pieces of lumber covered with waterproofing. The curb will be finished with tile over cement board. Existing bathroom floor tile to be protected and saved in place.
- Provide and install all new faucets and use a LARGE (8”) shower head. Include new piping, faucets and drain for the shower and bathroom sink. The Model Number listed above includes the custom backing, (2-24” grab bars) (1-12” grab bar), Soap dishes and Curtain Rod. (Be aware that the model listed herein is right drain, left side bench to accommodate existing plumbing wet wall).
- Include the required new water piping and connections to ensure proper service to the new Warm Rain shower from water source in home.
- Include new water piping and faucets, drains, etc…
- Provide and install a new light above the shower to ensure adequate lighting.
- Color selection is “WHITE”.
- Carpentry to fit the shower enclosure. Provide materials and labor to finish this installation and repair and or replace the bathroom trim and sheetrock where necessary. Wall touch up repairs / painting must be completed in entire bathroom area. End walls need to meet shower enclosure with proper fitting trim and finish details. The end walls may require framing and sheetrocking to accommodate the finished shower enclosure.
- Provide and install complete with shower enclosure that will have a shower curtain rod for shower curtain for entry. (curtain by owner).
- Remove existing leaky water heater. Provide and install new water heater. See 2016 MLBO Specifications.
- Remove damaged front steps and replace with new stair treads, risers and handrail at the step area only. Currently the elevations do not ensure a safe step and entry area. The included corrections will be for the purposes of safety. Painting and or finishing the deck will be by owner or others.
- Include materials and labor for combination smoke/co detector alarms to meet code as typically required by the MLBO Building Official.
- Contractor shall include 0.5% TERO tax fee in base bid, if bid exceeds $25,000. Submission of receipt for paid TERO fee is required with application for final payment.
Specified Product Substitutions: All proposed product substitutions must be approved by the Project Coordinator 5 days prior to bid. Any approved substitutions, will be made available to all bidders.
Interested bidders shall contact Jim Carpenter, Project Coordinator, at 320-532-7432 (office), 320-364-9865 (cell) or at to be included on the bidder’s list in the event that any addendums are issued for this project.
- The Contractor shall be capable of mobilizing his equipment and crews within seven days of the receipt of Notice to Proceed.
- Contractor shall provide means and methods for all building phases of construction.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT/PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL BIDS FOR ANY REASON.
- Issued To
- General Contractors
- Publish Date
- June 21st, 2021
- Bid Date
- July 29th, 2021
- Required File(s)
- Submit proposal in lump sum (supply and install), not to exceed amount
- All Contractors (including subcontractors) must comply with Davis Bacon wage requirements.
- All Contractors must provide the following along with their bid submittal:
a. Completed and signed MLB Community Development Construction Bid Form
b. A copy of Current MLB Vendor’s License (or a copy of the submitted application)
c. A copy of Current Insurance Certificate
d. A copy of Subcontractor/Material Supplier list
e. A copy of valid State of Minnesota Contractor’s License (if applicable)
f. A copy of Authorized Signature Sheet (submitted with first bid submittal)
- All Contractors must comply with all Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe American Indian Employment requirements (see 18 MLBSA § 5). Contact Lori Trail (TERO DIRECTOR) 320-532-4778 or
EMAIL Lori Trail at Lori.Trail@millelacsband.com.
All proposals MUST be mailed and labeled as follows:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
Commissioner of Community Development
Sealed bid: (30301 St. Croix Trail Danbury, WI)
P.O. Box 509
Onamia, MN 56359
Please note that the bids submitted via mail to the P.O. Box. FedEx and UPS will not deliver to a P.O. Box and the Onamia post office will not accept hand delivered items. Please plan accordingly to ensure the timely receipt of your bid submittal. Do not require delivery signature.
**The Band reserves the right to reject any bid that it is unable to collect at the Onamia post office by the bid deadline date and time, provided that the Band has made diligent and reasonable efforts to collect the bid. The Band reserves this right even in the event that the bid has been postmarked before the deadline.
PROPOSALS NOT SUBMITTED IN THIS MANNER WILL BE REJECTED.
Firms must be licensed with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe. A copy of this license (or the license application) must accompany each bid. Licensing process can take several weeks. If you are not currently licensed with the MLBO, please submit a copy of your license application along with your proposal. Contact Elizabeth Thornbloom at (320)532-8274 or via email at EThornbloom@grcasinos.com with questions regarding licensing and for the license application.
Permit and Contractor Requirements:
Permits: Contractors are responsible to attain the necessary Building Permits for all work, including Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe (MLBO) Permits.
Bonding Requirements: In accordance with 2016 MLB Project Specification Book.
MLBSA Section 17 Procurement Statue Ordinance 03-06 states the following:
Section 17. Bonding
A. In construction contracts that are federally funded or deemed commercial, bonding is required. These types of contracts shall demand a performance bond not less than twenty (20%) percent of the total contract price, but not to exceed $500,000.00. A performance bond requirement is to ensure that, if a contractor defaults, the Band may request that the surety pay the expense incurred to complete the construction contract.
B. In addition, all construction contracts identified as federally funded or commercial shall be covered by a payment bond equal to one payment installment or cover subcontractors/suppliers as determined by the Contracting Officer or his agents. The payment bond must contain language stating that if the contractor fails to make a payment to its subcontractors/suppliers, the surety will make the necessary payment.
C. For all Band funded residential construction projects, a performance bond is required for contracts in excess of $50,000.00. The performance bond shall be at a minimum twenty (20%) percent of the contract price, but not in excess of $500,000.00.
SECTION II – BIDDING FORMS
Bidding Requirements and Contract Forms
FY 2021 CONSTRUCTION BID FORM
REQUIRED FOR ALL BIDS
FIRM NAME: __
JOB/PROJECT: Walk-In Shower 30301 St. Croix Trail Danbury, WI 54830
LUMP SUM PRICE:
(Written Value) (Dollar Amount)
ALTERNATE #1 (IF APPLICABLE):
(Indicate specifics of what is to be included in Alternate 1.)
(Written Value) (Dollar Amount)
ALTERNATE #2 (IF APPLICABLE):
(Indicate specifics of what is to be included in Alternate 2.)
(Written Value) (Dollar Amount)
Acknowledgement of Addendum(s): 1) N/A__ date 2) N/A__date 3) __N/A____date
BID GUARANTEE PERIOD:
I agree to hold this bid open for a period of 90 days after the bid opening. If this bid is accepted I agree to execute a Contract and/or a Purchase Order with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe along with furnishing all required bonding (if required) and insurances.
I understand that this company, its subcontractors and all employees performing work on this project will be expected to comply with all Mille Lacs Band TERO Compliance Regulations. Upon being informed that I will be awarded a contract for this project, I will submit all required TERO Compliance Plans directly to the MLB TERO Office for review and approval.
Acknowledgement of TERO Compliance: _____
ATTACHMENTS REQUIRED: Failure to provide any of these attachments will result in bid disqualification.
o MLB BID FORM (MUST BE SIGNED)
o MLBO VENDOR LICENSE
o COPY OF CURRENT INSURANCES
o LETTER FROM BONDING SURETY (If required)
o COPY OF MINNESOTA CONTRACTOR’S LICENSE (if applicable)
o SUB-CONTRACTOR LISTS (Include values)
FIRM NAME: ____TELEPHONE:_____
EMAIL ADDRESS: ____