20579 380th St., McGregor Septic Installation
installation of an on-site septic system at 20579 380th Street, McGregor, MN; and abandonment of the existing system. Contractor shall supply and labor, materials and equipment to install system per the provided design and I.H.S. Specifications and Bid Documents. Contractor is responsible to cutting trees located within the mound foot print and immediately around the mound, as needed to access the area to construct said mound. Trees shall be cut flush with the ground. Any trees measuring 6” or more in diameter shall be cut into 8’ sections and hauled to the DNR shed located at 37846 Hwy 65, McGregor. Contractor shall be responsible for contacting the inspector identified by the Mille Lacs Band to schedule inspection of scratch, tanks, rock bed and final cover. Contractor shall also be responsible contacting Project Coordinator, Carla Dunkley, to schedule project site visits to see scratch, tanks and rock bed before covering. Contractor shall be responsible for submitting all required closeout documents to the Project Coordinator, including tank abandonment form, pumping slip, lien waivers and as-built drawing. Due to the weather dependent nature of the work, work is shall be completed as soon as possible but the contract will be drafted with a completion date of September 30, 2022.
Bids will be due Wednesday, August 25, 2021 at 3:00 PM. Bids received will be opened and qualified by the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe on Friday, August 27, 2021 at 10:00 AM.
- It is the Contractors responsibility to identify any and all discrepancies in the scope of work, not meeting Industry Standards or that which is inconsistent with the MN Chapter 7080.
- All electrical wiring, apparatus and equipment for electric light, heat and power, technology circuits or systems shall comply with the rules of the Department of Commerce or the Department of Labor and Industry, as applicable, and be installed in conformity with accepted standards of construction for safety to life and property.
- Contractor must reconnect all utilities, service panel or service feed.
- Contractor will secure all permits and fees.
- Contractor is responsible for a thorough investigation of the scope of work.
- Contractor will repair any damage to the property or structure created by the scope of work.
- Contractor shall be responsible for all debris removal related to all work performed under this work scope.
- NO WORK SHALL BE PERFORMED UNTIL ALL REQUIRED PERMITS HAVE BEEN ISSUED AND COPIES IN THE POSSESSION OF THE PROJECT COORDINATOR.
- All proposals shall include the following:
a. Sign and completed Mille Lacs Band Bid Form.
b. Completed and signed bid schedule included in IHS specifications.
c. Copy of current MLB Vendor’s License. (or a copy of submitted application)
d. Copy of current certificate of insurance for General Liability and Property Damage.
e. Copy of an authorized signature sheet if one is not already on file with the Mille Lacs Band.
- All Contractors (including subcontractors) must comply with Davis Bacon wage requirements.
- All Contractors must comply with all Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe American Indian Employment requirements (see 18 MLBSA § 5). Contact Lori Trail at (320) 532-4778.
All Proposals must be mailed and labeled as follows:
Attn: Commissioner of Community Development Sealed Bid: 20579 380th St., McGregor I.H.S. Onsite Septic PO Box 509 Onamia, MN 56359
Please note that the bids submitted via mail to the P.O. Box. FedEx and UPS will not deliver to a P.O. Box and the Onamia post office will not accept hand delivered items. Please plan accordingly to ensure the timely receipt of your bid submittal.
**The Band reserves the right to reject any bid that it is unable to collect at the Onamia post office by the bid deadline date and time, provided that the Band has made diligent and reasonable efforts to collect the bid. The Band reserves this right even in the event that the bid has been postmarked before the deadline.
If you have questions regarding this project or need to obtain a copy of the I.H.S. Specifications and septic design, contact Carla Dunkley, Project Management Compliance Officer at 320-630-2495 or by e-mail at email@example.com . Questions regarding the I.H.S. specifications may also be directed to: Christian Medina, I.H.S. Engineer, at 218-407-1029 or via email at Christian.Medina@ihs.gov .
- Contractors must be licensed with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe. Contact Elizabeth Thornbloom at (320)532-8274 or via email at EThornbloom@grcasinos.com with questions regarding licensing and for the license application.
- Contractors must be MN licensed septic installers.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL BIDS FOR ANY REASON.
SECTION II – BIDDING FORMS
Bidding Requirements and Contract Forms
FY 2021 CONSTRUCTION BID FORM
REQUIRED FOR ALL BIDS
FIRM NAME: __
JOB/PROJECT: 20579 380th Street McGregor I.H.S. Onsite Septic Installation
LUMP SUM PRICE:
(Written Value) (Dollar Amount)
ALTERNATE #1 (IF APPLICABLE):
(Indicate specifics of what is to be included in Alternate 1.)
(Written Value) (Dollar Amount)
Acknowledgement of Addendum(s): 1) __ date 2) date 3) date
BID GUARANTEE PERIOD:
I agree to hold this bid open for a period of 90 days after the bid opening. If this bid is accepted I agree to execute a Contract and/or a Purchase Order with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe along with furnishing all required bonding (if required) and insurances.
ATTACHMENTS REQUIRED: Failure to provide any of these attachments will result in bid disqualification.
o MLB BID FORM (MUST BE SIGNED)
o IHS BID SCHEDULE
o MLBO VENDOR LICENSE
o COPY OF CURRENT INSURANCES
FIRM NAME: ____TELEPHONE:_____
EMAIL ADDRESS: ____