Abinoojiiyag Executive Assistant
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The Abinoojiiyag Executive Assistant is responsible for performing confidential and critical administrative and secretarial duties in support of Abinoojiiyag School Principal and school programs.
• Associate degree in secretarial science preferred
• Diploma/GED and at least two year of post secondary formal education or equivalent combination of training and experience required.
• Eight (8) or more years of secretarial experience, including experience in word processing, making travel and meeting arrangements, organize the school calendar, and acting as organizer for the school to parents/guardians and visitors required.
• Knowledge of Robert’s Rules of Order required.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Ability to deal with highly confidential data in a professional and respectful manner.
• Strong personal computer skills in a Windows environment, including spreadsheet, Word, publishing, calendaring, and general office support applications, required.
• Type 55 words per minute.
• Familiarity with and ability to operate various office equipment required. (i.e. fax machines, dictation equipment, photo copying machines, etc.)
• Ability to understand and follow directions.
• Capable of maintaining accurate records.
• Must have valid drivers license and be insurable under the Band’s auto insurance policy.
• Must pass background check.
• Must have current driver’s license, reliable personal transportation, and insurability under the Band’s Auto Insurance Policy.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
• Background investigation required that shows no theft or fraud above a misdemeanor, no felony drug conviction and no sexual or crimes-against-a-person conviction at any level.
• A staff person with direct contact with or access to children in care must disclose the arrest, conviction, and applicant background information if that staff person:
(a) has a conviction of, has admitted to, has an adjudication of delinquency for, has been charged and is awaiting trial for, or a preponderance of the evidence indicates the person has committed:
- a crime against a child;
- an act of physical or sexual abuse;
- a felony;
- the same or similar crimes as those in this subsection listed in the laws of another state or of the United States or of any Tribal law;
(b) has a conviction of, has admitted to, has an adjudication of delinquency for, has been charged and is awaiting trial for, or a preponderance of the evidence indicates the person has committed any misdemeanor offense under Federal, State, or Tribal law involving crimes of violence; sexual assault, molestation, exploitation, contact or prostitution; crimes against persons; or offenses committed against children. The Licensing Committee may evaluate the nature and time of a misdemeanor assault charge as well as other types of misdemeanor crimes not specified in this section to determine whether employment is appropriate.
8 MLBSA § 1212(a-b).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plan as directed by Principal and administrator’s weekly in-house meetings at Abinoojiiyag School.
• Provides training and support to teaching and support staff throughout the Abinoojiiyag School.
• Separate, code and bill monthly travel statements for all departments.
• Assist all other Abinoojiiyag in-school programs as needed.
• Provides general communications throughout Abinoojiiyag School.
• Arranges meetings and finalizes details for Principal and Abinoojiiyag Administrators.
• Arranges and publicize various events pertaining to Abinoojiiyag events.
• Assists Abinoojiiyag Principal and program administrators with financial, personnel and day-to-day activities.
• Assists with payroll paperwork as needed.
• Compiles information, organizes data and produces various reports as directed.
• Has access to and handles confidential materials.
• Performs general office support responsibilities; such as, answering phones, screening calls and taking messages; reviewing, sorting and distributing incoming mail; operating copiers and other office machines.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Nature of work is such that incumbent experiences infrequent periods of moderate to high stress levels due to workload and deadlines.
• Work is exclusively in doors in a controlled climate area.
• Little threat of personal danger or risk.
• Hours are typically 8-5, but possibly with some extra hours, again due to workload and deadlines.
• Travel is minimal if any.