RN Maternal Child Health Coordinator
Any individual who receives an offer of employment or will receive a payroll check are required to submit to a drug and alcohol test as a condition of obtaining employment.
Mille Lacs Band Member/American Indian preference applies
The RN Maternal Child Health Coordinator (MCH) performs a variety of nursing services including home visits, family education, and provides coordination of all MCH services to participants in all three (3) Districts. This position is also responsible for assessing the need for additional MCH services and collaborating to evaluate program potential and if feasible plan, implement and evaluate the program to support alignment and program outcomes.
• Bachelor's degree in nursing is preferred. Will consider an Associate degree with experience commensurate to be successful in the position.
• Current Minnesota licensure as a Registered Nurse.
• Must have a minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of prior experience in clinical nursing with this experience in public health preferred
• Demonstrated knowledge in the theories and practices of maternal child health nursing.
• Demonstrated knowledge in the theories and practices of maternal child health programs and desired outcomes.
• Excellent oral, written communication and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of grant management and the ability to keep detailed records.
• Knowledge of current health concerns in maternal child health as it relates to the delivery of care to the Mille Lacs Band population.
• Experience and sensitivity to the Native American culture.
• Must have current driver’s license, reliable personal transportation, proof of current insurance coverage, and insurability under the Band’s Auto Insurance Policy
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
• Provide nutrition services/education in accordance with state guidelines.
• Provide information to, and counsel with, patients on identified concerns
• Administer specialized medications as appropriate.
• Record all home visits, service plans, assessments, and contacts. Periodically report summary data. Periodically will do MCH reporting as required by the State of Minnesota
• Coordinate care activities with other agencies that serve the same population.
• Chart progress of clients; and coordinate medical contacts as needed.
• Maintain professional competency by attending in-service training, conferences, seminars, and continuing education classes.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Nature of work is such that incumbent experiences infrequent periods of moderate stress levels while dealing with clients, family members, and others.
• Work is primarily in doors in a controlled climate area.
• Work exposes incumbent to contagious or infectious diseases or hazardous chemicals.
• Work requires use of protective devices such as masks, goggles, and gloves.
• Hours are typically 8-5, but possibly with some extra hours. May involve some evening or weekend working and occasionally an 'on call' system covering emergency situations.
• Local travel is required.