12225 Fergus St NE, Blaine Residential Renovation
The Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, Community Development office will be accepting sealed lump sum bids for a residential renovation at 12225 Fergus Street NE, Blaine MN 55449. Bids will be due Wednesday March 29th 2023 at 3:00 PM. Bids received will be opened and qualified by the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe on Thursday March 30th 2023 at 10:00 AM.
A Pre-Bid site visit will be mandatory for all bidders at:
12225 Fergus Street NE
Blaine, MN 55449
11:00am on Wednesday, March 15, 2023
Please, let this office know if you will attend.
- It is the Contractors responsibility to identify any and all discrepancies in the scope of work, not meeting Industry Standards or that which is inconsistent with the International Residential Code (IRC), and Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe 2016 MLB Project Specification Book.
- All electrical wiring, apparatus and equipment for electric light, heat and power, technology circuits or systems shall comply with the rules of the Department of Commerce or the Department of Labor and Industry, as applicable, and be installed in conformity with accepted standards of construction for safety to life and property.
- Contractor must reconnect all utilities, service panel or service feed. Also includes gas, propane. Include such equipment or materials identified in the pre-bid conference.
- Contractor will secure all permits and fees.
- Contractor is responsible for a thorough investigation of the scope of work.
- Contractor will repair any damage to the property or structure created by the scope of work.
- NO WORK SHALL BE PERFORMED UNTIL ALL REQUIRED PERMITS HAVE BEEN ISSUED AND COPIES IN THE POSSESSION OF THE PROJECT COORDINATOR AND /OR MILLE LACS BAND BUILDING OFFICIAL. THIS WORK REQUIRES A CITY OF BLAINE BUILDING PERMIT. PLEASE, INCLUDE ALL COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ANY REQUIRED PLANS AND PERMITS.
Work Scope Description:
- Remove and dispose of the existing windows. Provide and Replace in accordance with the 2016 MLBO SPEC BOOK. The window replacements will be Thermo-Tech Vinyl Windows. Wood trim may be re-used provided it is completely finished by priming and painting with color to match the existing.
- PLEASE BE ADVISED; THE CITY OF BLAINE HAS PERMIT REQUIREMENTS THAT WILL BE NECESSARY FOR BIDDING CONTRACTORS TO UNDERSTAND. WE ARE ATTACHING A HANDOUT FROM THE CITY OF BLAINE THAT IS A GOOD BUILDING PRACTICE GUIDE. THIS IS ONLY FOR THE WINDOWS. YOU MAY ALSO PREFER TO ACCESS THIS HANDOUT ONLINE AT Blainemn.gov/reswindowsdoors Additional building permit requirements include:
a. MLBO Building Permit for $50.00
b. City of Blaine General Contractor Permit (based on total project cost) that is required for the remaining interior renovation. No work may commence without proper permitting from the City of Blaine and the MLBO.
Remove the interior paneling in Living/Dining Room. Also, remove the wallcovering below the paneling and prep the walls for paint. Patch any and all holes in walls and ceilings.
Provide paint, labor and all supplies to re-paint the entire home interior; Include all Walls/ceilings.
Remove the flooring in kitchen/dining area and remove from the living room and hallway to bedrooms. Provide and install a continuous, vinyl plank flooring that will replace the removed flooring in kitchen/dining area and the living room and hallway to bedrooms. (see Flooring Alternate #1 listed at the end of this work description)
In-fill / repair the abandoned ceiling penetration that previously exhausted the living room fireplace. Interior and exterior work is required for this penetration. Roofing repair by adding or replacing shingles and adding ice and water shield over this patched area.
Bathroom update will include removal and replacement of all bathroom items including toilet, shower and surround - (new shower surround will have built in bench and NO tub), faucets, vanity and medicine cabinet, rods, dispensers, specialties, flooring, floor substrate, light fixtures, switches and devices. A new bathroom ceiling exhaust fan must be installed with a sidewall discharge. Provide and install the “Warm Rain” unit in the 2016 MLBO SPEC BOOK. Use the MLBO SPEC BOOK for all bathroom items. We may approve other items when SPEC items are not readily available.
Provide and install new ceiling light fixtures and ceiling fans at existing locations in bedroom hallway, living room, kitchen/dining area. This includes removal of old, provide and install new.
Elder homeowner will make arrangements to be out of the home for a majority of this remodel. Contractor to assume no more than 30 days without the HOME OCCUPANTS.
Remove and provide/install new kitchen cabinets and countertops to replace existing. Add 8 Feet of upper cabinets and also add a Corner Broom Closet. Builder Grade Menards type kitchen cabinets are acceptable with Elder owner approval. Include new kitchen sink, faucet and piping.
Construction dumpster and debris removal costs.
Include a $3,000.00 contingency allowance in the Project Grand Total Cost. Any unused contingency will be subtracted from the General Contractor final invoice. Please submit any proposed costs to be charged against the contingency to the Project Coordinator as only Project Coordinator approved costs will be charged against the $3,000.00.
Alternate #1 is cost to remove and provide/install new carpet in bedrooms.
Specified Product Substitutions: All proposed product substitutions must be approved by the Project Coordinator 5 days prior to bid. Any approved substitutions, will be made available to all bidders.
Interested bidders shall contact Jim Carpenter either at 320-364-9865 or by email at email@example.com to be included on the bidder’s list in the event that any addendums are issued for this project.
- The Contractor shall be capable of mobilizing his equipment and crews within seven days of the receipt of Notice to Proceed.
- Contractor shall provide means and methods for all building phases of construction.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT/PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL BIDS FOR ANY REASON.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT WILL, TO THE GREATEST EXTENT FEASIBLE, GIVE PREFERENCE IN THE AWARD OF CONTRACT TO INDIAN ORGANIZATIONS AND INDIAN-OWNED ECONOMIC ENTERPRISES.
- Issued To
- Qualified General Contractors
- Publish Date
- March 3rd, 2023
- Bid Date
- April 5th, 2023
- Required File(s)
- RFP and Bid Form City of Blaine Handout
- Submit proposal in lump sum (supply and install), not to exceed amount
- All Contractors (including subcontractors) must comply with Davis Bacon wage requirements.
- All Contractors should provide the following along with their bid submittal:
a. Completed and signed MLB Community Development Construction Bid Form (REQUIRED)
b. Mille Lacs Band Monthly Billing Form Page 2 / Schedule of Values (REQUIRED)
c. A copy of Current MLB Vendor’s License (or a copy of the submitted application)
d. A copy of Current Insurance Certificate
e. Completed and signed copy of the TERO Compliance Plan
f. A copy of Subcontractor/Material Supplier list
g. A copy of valid State of Minnesota Contractor’s License
h. A copy of Authorized Signature Sheet (submitted with first bid submittal)
- All Contractors must comply with all Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe American Indian Employment requirements (see 18 MLBSA § 5). Contact Lori Trail at (320) 532-4778.
All proposals must be mailed and labeled as follows:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
Commissioner of Community Development
Sealed bid: 12225 Fergus Street NE
PO Box 509
Onamia, MN 56359
Please note that the bids submitted via mail to the P.O. Box. FedEx and UPS will not deliver to a P.O. Box and the Onamia post office will not accept hand delivered items. Please plan accordingly to ensure the timely receipt of your bid submittal. Do not require delivery signature.
**The Band reserves the right to reject any bid that it is unable to collect at the Onamia post office by the bid deadline date and time, provided that the Band has made diligent and reasonable efforts to collect the bid. The Band reserves this right even in the event that the bid has been postmarked before the deadline.
PROPOSALS NOT SUBMITTED IN THIS MANNER WILL BE REJECTED.
Firms must be licensed with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe. A copy of this license (or the license application) must accompany each bid. Licensing process can take several weeks. If you are not currently licensed with the MLBO, please submit a copy of your license application along with your proposal. Contact Elizabeth Thornbloom at (320)532-8274 or via email at EThornbloom@grcasinos.com with questions regarding licensing and for the license application.
PERMIT AND CONTRACTOR REQUIREMENTS:
Permits: Contractors are responsible to secure all necessary permits for all work, including Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe (MLBO) Permits and City of Blaine, MN.
Bonding Requirements: In accordance with Mille Lacs Band Title 7 as updated in Band Ordinance 07-22. Please note that bonding requirements on Mille Lacs Band Funded Residential projects has changed.
Band Ordinance 07-22 states the following:
For all Band funded residential construction projects, a performance bond is required for contracts in excess of $100,000.00.