Labor Pool Remodel
The Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, Community Development office will be accepting sealed lump sum bids for commercial remodel work to renovate the labor pool department building, located in Onamia, MN. Bids will be due Wednesday 9 February, 2022 at 3:00 PM. Bids received will be opened and qualified by the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe on Thursday 10 February 2022 at 10:00 AM.
A mandatory pre-bid site visit will be held on: Wednesday January 19th, 2022 at 2:00 PM. The Labor Pool department is located at the old clinic building 43500 Migizi Drive. (Covid check-in procedures and masks required for building entry)
- It is the Contractors responsibility to identify any and all discrepancies in the scope of work, not meeting Industry Standards or that which is inconsistent with the International Building Code (IBC), and Project design documents as prepared by Architectural Resources Inc.
- All electrical wiring, apparatus and equipment for electric light, heat and power, technology circuits or systems shall comply with the rules of the Department of Commerce or the Department of Labor and Industry, as applicable, and be installed in conformity with accepted standards of construction for safety to life and property.
- Contractor must reconnect all utilities, service panel or service feed. Also includes gas, propane. Include such equipment or materials identified in the pre-bid conference.
- Contractor will secure all permits and fees.
- Contractor is responsible for a thorough investigation of the scope of work.
- Contractor will repair any damage to the property or structure created by the scope of work.
- Contractor shall be responsible for all debris removal related to all work performed under this work scope.
- Contractor to carry Builder’s Risk insurance on project for duration of construction.
- NO WORK SHALL BE PERFORMED UNTIL ALL REQUIRED PERMITS HAVE BEEN ISSUED AND COPIES IN THE POSSESSION OF THE PROJECT COORDINATOR AND /OR MILLE LACS BAND BUILDING OFFICIAL.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT WILL, TO THE GREATEST EXTENT FEASIBLE, GIVE PREFERENCE IN THE AWARD OF CONTRACT TO INDIAN ORGANIZATIONS AND INDIAN-OWNED ECONOMIC ENTERPRISES.
Project Narrative: The Labor Pool department recently acquired the old D1 clinic site when the new clinic facility was completed. We are looking to renovate the facility to meet the needs of this department. Work will include selective demolition and layout changes to the building floor plan. Building finishes, including flooring, acoustical ceilings, painting, casework, HVAC modifications, and electrical work will be included. The old pharmacy space will become a new commercial kitchen space. Exterior improvements will also be made to the exterior windows, EIFS system, exterior lighting, concrete sidewalks and parking lot paving.
- Refer to Negen Associates. Project 210101. Project Manual including specifications and design drawings will be provided to bidding contractors. General Contractor to perform all construction activities as defined in the plans and specifications as identified by Negen Associates for the Labor Pool Remodel project.
- Bids must be honored for 90 calendar days.
- Anticipated project schedule is Spring 2022 to Winter 2022 for both phases of construction.
- Contractor shall include 0.5% TERO tax fee in base bid. Contractor shall utilize FEDERAL Davis Bacon wage rates for construction of this project. Wage determination rates for Mille Lacs County will be provided in the first pre-bid addendum.
- Refer to the project Bid Form for the listing of Bid Alternates. This will be issued in the first pre-bid addendum.
- Project is sales tax exempt. Awarded contractor will be provided with the tax exemption form.
- Project Retainage is 10%.
- The Labor Pool facility is an occupied facility and daily operations will continue during construction. Continuous cleaning operations, temporary barricades and other measures will need to be taken to limit disruption to daily building operations. Minimal parking and delivery restrictions will be required during construction. Building access points will be discussed at the pre-bid site visit.
- Contractor shall be required to provide portable toilet facilities for work staff.
- Design drawings include two construction phases. This bid will include both phases of work. The Labor Pool department will occupy and continue operations in the phase II area until Phase I is complete and ready for occupancy. Following the operations move, work may proceed in the phase II area to complete the project.
Specified Product Substitutions: All proposed product substitutions shall be submitted in accordance with the project specifications. Any approved substitutions, will be made available to all bidders via Pre-Bid Addendum.
Interested bidders shall contact Ryan Jendro - CMD Project Manager at 320.630.5011 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to be included on the bidder’s list in the event that any addendums are issued for this project.
- The Contractor shall be capable of mobilizing his equipment and crews within seven days of the receipt of Notice to Proceed.
- Contractor shall submit building schedule to Owner at the time of contract signature by the Contractor.
- Contractor shall provide means and methods for all building phases of construction.
- Issued To
- Qualified General Contractors
- Publish Date
- January 12th, 2022
- Bid Date
- February 10th, 2022
- Required File(s)
- Submit signed proposal in lump sum (supply and install), not to exceed amount
- All Contractors (including subcontractors) must comply with Commercial Davis Bacon wage requirements (Mille Lacs County).
- All Contractors must provide the following along with their bid submittal:
a. Completed and signed MLB Community Development Construction Bid Form
b. A copy of Current MLB Vendor’s License (or a copy of the submitted application)
c. A copy of Current Insurance Certificate
d. A copy of Subcontractor/Material Supplier list
e. A copy of Authorized Signature Sheet (submitted with first bid submittal)
- All Contractors must comply with all Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe American Indian Employment requirements (see 18 MLBSA § 5). Contact Lori Trail at (320) 532-4778.
All proposals MUST be mailed and labeled as follows:
Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
Commissioner of Community Development
Sealed bid: Labor Pool Remodel
P.O. Box 509
Onamia, MN 56359
Please note that the bids must be submitted via mail to the P.O. Box.
FedEx and UPS will not deliver to a P.O. Box and the Onamia post office will not accept hand delivered items. Please plan accordingly to ensure the timely receipt of your bid submittal.
**The Band reserves the right to reject any bid that it is unable to collect at the Onamia post office by the bid deadline date and time, provided that the Band has made diligent and reasonable efforts to collect the bid. The Band reserves this right even in the event that the bid has been postmarked before the deadline.
PROPOSALS NOT SUBMITTED IN THIS MANNER WILL BE REJECTED.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT/PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL BIDS FOR ANY REASON.
PERMIT AND CONTRACTOR REQUIREMENTS:
Permits: Contractors are responsible to attain all necessary permits for all work, including Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe (MLBO) Permits.
- Firms must be licensed with the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe. A copy of this license (or the license application) must accompany each bid. Licensing process can take several weeks. If you are not currently licensed with the MLBO, please submit a copy of your license application along with your proposal. Contact Elizabeth Thornbloom at (320)532-8274 or by email at EThornbloom@grcasinos.com with questions regarding licensing and for the license application.
Performance and Payment Bond: A performance and payment bond on the part of the contractor for 100 percent of the contract price shall be required. “Performance and Payment Bond” means a bond executed in connection with a contract to secure fulfillment of all the contractor’s obligations under such contract.
Bid Bond: Provide a bid guarantee equivalent to 5 percent of the bid price. The bid guarantee must consist of a firm commitment such as bid bond, certified check, or negotiable instrument accompanying a bid as assurance that the bidder will, upon acceptance of his/her bid, execute such contractual documents as may be required within the time specified after the forms are presented to him/her.